Looking For Staff

Discussion in 'Admin Talk News' started by AWS, Jun 24, 2012.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I am looking to add a moderator to help me run the community.

Lately I have seen users that had previously signed up, some over 2 years ago, become active, add spam links to their signatures and post in old threads with nonsense replies. These users must have been zombie spammers that are now coming to life. When I bought the site I implemented my spam measures which stops this sort of behavior. The problem with this was I had to promote all members to the usergroup that has full privileges to make sure everyone had the privileges they had before. Unfortunately these zombies were among those promoted.

If you are interested in being a moderator contact me via PM and we can discuss it. I don't want anyone that will close threads because they get heated or they don't agree with what a user says. I also don't want anyone that will see this as a position of power.

The moderators focus will be:
    1. Help keep the forum spam free.
    2. Keep threads civil by stepping in at appropriate times to calm the situation.
    3. Warn users that keep on after you asked them to stop.
    4. In extreme cases ban a disruptive user.
    What I expect you not to do:
    1. Try to force your opinion in any thread. If you disagree do so as you would if you were a regular user.
    2. Don't abuse your power.
    3. Warn people just because you don't agree with them or close threads that you don't agree with.

If you can live by these simple rules contact me via PM.

2. Joeychgo

Joeychgo Regular Member

WHy dont you directly ask people you think would fit?

3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I have a couple in mind and want to see if they feel the same.