Longest amount of time you spent on a forum?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by MW3Forum, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

It was forum runner

2. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Regular Member

I see. Are they not going to do anything with it?

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    you are correct ;)

4. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

First Name:
    Eric
    I'm the same way, I'm logged in on my desktop about 10 to 15 hours per day, then when I go mobile I check in either on my tablet, laptop, or phone. When I'm sleeping I have the phone next to my bed so I can login when I wake up in the middle of the night to make sure everything's ok and that my dream of relentless spammers and ddos attacks wasn't real. lol

I have a Windows 7 phone, so I never needed to use tapatalk or forumrunner. Win7 phones work fine in just about every area of vbulletin (even backend) with the exception of our javascript based chat. That's the only feature I cant really use on my phone.

Other than that, I'm like you and logged in / on alert / on standbye / oncall - 24/7 - and ready to rumble :)

Eric Lyon

Brandon likes this.
  5. webaficionado

webaficionado Regular Member

6 hours, top. I couldn't stay THAT long on my site, I'd have gotten way too tired if I did.

6. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

I used to spend pretty much all day on some forums. I would still do other things at the same time, but there were two that I practically lived on for 3 or 4 years. That was before I was on a million different forums....it was just those and just because I loved the people/community/content. I would get up in the morning, spend time posting a bunch, then head to class...and check in while I was at class....hang out there while I was at work....have it open in a tab while I was doing other things online or studying for semesters, etc. To sit on there constantly, I know there were some days that I had off that I would spend 15+ hours there sometimes.

7. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

The longest that I have spend is a couple of hours on some webmaster forums. Since I do browse plenty of forums each day, the time spend per forum may amount to a lower figure. But I do spend quite some hours in the forums like Admin Talk and other webmaster forums.

Brandon likes this.
  8. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I would say around 10-15 hours without any breaks. I'm always on my forum, and I'm usually browsing a few others as well.