Latest Threads Monthly Email - Thoughts on this mod?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by Brandon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
  2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I would imagine the option is there to opt in or out receiving monthly emails with that mod. It's not something that's forced on forums members to get spammed with a monthly news letter and no opt out option. I don't think it will serve much use on forum, most check for new threads when they visit and will avoid getting unnecessary forum junk mail.

SpacewardAsh likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I assume it would comply with the built in email subscription checkbox but I haven't looked at it yet.

4. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Problem with these mods:

1. most of them don't check permissions:d (and i'm sure you don't want to send threads from your admin/mod/team category to avarage joe:) ) don't know anything about this addon, but there was one in the past which didn't care of permisisons

2. i hate these mails, because in 99% of the cases, they include the latest spam threads, where nobody cares about these topic...
    in my boards, somebody of the team had to review the weekly/monthly mail, before it was sent. so the team was also able to include additional content and include or exclude threads, instead of only the stupid last threads (and probably latest users)...

do you really think that somebody cares of
    e.g..PNG

SpacewardAsh and Brandon like this.