Kontera launches a content syndication program

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by cpvr, Jul 31, 2013.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Just got this email from Kontera and I thought I'd pass it on.

Dear Publisher,

Kontera has launched an exciting new offering--Content Syndication--and our publisher agreements have been updated to include this program. Content Syndication allows your sites' content to be syndicated within sponsored related content units across our entire network of sites. Participating in this program potentially drives traffic to your sites and increases your audience base while gaining positive associations with major national brands. If you would like to opt in to this program, please go to the Publisher Center and opt your sites in via the Site Settings section of the Kontera Setup tab.

We have also updated our agreements to align with our current Payment Terms. Please know that the changes made do not affect your existing payment rates or the payment schedule to which you're accustomed from Kontera.

All changes to the agreement can be found here.

Please email your Account Manager or [email protected] with any questions.

Thank you,
    Kontera

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

They always struggled to compete with Vibrant Media for me. Now Vibrant Media struggles to compete with Infolinks. Not sure this is nice enough to entertain going back to Kontera.

3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I haven't used Kontera in about a year or two. How's the pay rate with Infolinks? I get about 7k-10k daily pageviews.

4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Depends on the niche. Automotive and Health pay very well. I am looking at 6 dollar CPM for Health right now

cpvr likes this.
  5. NicheGuy

NicheGuy Regular Member

I have Kontera now because Vibrant wasn't working well for me but whatever they are talking about with "content syndication" I don't see it doing well on my 15 sites.

For the most part in testing I get the infamous "Dictionary" bubble over double-links from Kontera. i.e. "Performance".

For the most part my ads are not very relevant and what is clicked doesn't pay as well as Vibrant did in the past. Infolinks worked basically the same as Kontera. Skimlinks was more relevant but your sharing $ and giving up 25% for the privilege.

I find working with my own text links from affiliates blending in where I choose and made relevant by me work the best and convert. It's more work, I only have two text links per page or post but my results were much better.

Dan Hutter likes this.