Kickstarter Forums

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Soliloquy, May 28, 2013.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Crowdfunding is the wave of the future and Kickstarter is at its forefront! If you have an idea for a creative project but need investors, it's time to make your dream a reality on one of the many crowdfunding sites. Get help planning your project and get into the community.

http://www.kickstarterforums.com/

2. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

Did you see if the domain name is allowed? Some brands don't like their trademarked name in another domain name that isn't theirs.

cpvr likes this.
  3. maksim

maksim Regular Member

good topic for a forum, logo a bit bland. =) Looking forward to watching it

4. andyred

andyred Regular Member

Yup great Niche to go into as long as Kickstarter are cool with it.
    It's a big growing niche and more and more people hear about Kickstarters fundraising each day.
    It'll be great if you can showcase success stories on your forums, it'll help give everyone else some positive thinking and hope.

5. maksim

maksim Regular Member

I woudl even go crowdsourcingforums.com

general term.

6. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

Nice forum subject! I can definitely see a site like this taking off given how popular Kickstarter is now and how many well known individuals and brands are using it to fund projects nowadays (like the Ouya, Double Fine Adventure or that Eternal Darkness sequel Precursor games are working on).

The site design itself looks a bit bland though, the only thing I see changed is a logo. Perhaps you should find a good designer and get them to change the colours and images a bit to liven it up.

As for the Kickstarter vs general crowdfunding thing... that's your choice to make ultimately. You could always ask the former whether they need an official forum and offer your one, then have it match their site branding. That could make it extremely popular.

Good luck with the site in the future!

7. ford1001

ford1001 Regular Member

I think that the site has potential as long as you keep working hard at it. I haven't seen a similar forum before so you could have a great advantage being perhaps the first forum of it's genre.

Before the site becomes more active than it already is, I would just send Kickstarter an email asking them if it's fine that you have a forum for Kickstarer Forums where users are able to discuss about how to attempt a great kickstarter product launch. In the end they could get your forum shut down due to trademarks if it get's too big and they don't like it.

8. Glcameron

Glcameron The Social Media Guru You Go To

It's an awesome forum and I do love the concept but I have to side with a few members, have you checked to see if Kickstarter is cool with it? They do have the trademark on the name and if the forum is going to launch and flourish as I'm sure you'd like it to, they would probably make it legally impossible for you after a certain point due to the name.

9. thebrad

thebrad Regular Member

I really like the forum its got a good feel about it ! i think the banner is very simple but effective and the board theme obviously being the default is good and suits what your forum is trying to give out, 10/10!

10. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Hehe, it is already taken for exactly that reason.

Scott