Just a thought

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Jack Rouse, Jun 10, 2014.

1. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    If you take away the software sections and focus on everyday admin topics it won't matter what the software is. The site I used to have ran vbulletin. People didn't visit the site and post because of the software that I used. They posted because the topics helped them be better admins. With no software centric forums there was no forum software topics. Instead users focused on all the other aspects of being an admin or moderator. The real topics that all admins deal with everyday no matter what they use on the backend.

2. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

I am only a regular IPB user, i just try to follow IPB 4 closely because we are using IPB on our communities.

I left TAZ and all the rest of admin communities because of the stupid vBulletin vs Xenforo arguements. And now that shift changed to Xenforo vs. Rest...

Don't know why but admin's choose to become fanatic of software they use. This is something i never understand. I only care if a software works for me or not.

Though i don't deny that my temper is short :)

3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I don't understand people being fanatic about forum software used either, not like you can put cream on top of it and eat it.

Wonko likes this.
  4. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

As i started using vBulletin, i also became fanatic.
    vB Fanboy, then xF fanboy and now IPS4 but i hope that i'll be able to get rid of this:D

I've noticed already some years ago, that there's no solution available to solve all usecases.
    In the future i'll continue to support xenforo and magento and start working with IPS4.

5. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

If you decide to dig on Magento , trust me you'll forget about forum scripts way faster than you imagine :)

6. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

I'm already digging into it since you've mentioned it to me and the magento community is great, but forums are still my passion:D
    There's nothing wrong with working with more scripts at the same time. This was a HUGE problem for me as i started coding with vB... I fall in love with the vB code and everything else was "wrong & strange" for me...
    It's much better to have a broad knowledge... They all have pro & cons and why not combine all the knowledge to get better?:D