JUOT.net Turns 5 years old today!

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by BirdOPrey5, Jun 10, 2013.

1. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Brandon likes this.
  2. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

I really like the customizations you've done with JUOT and I think they are a primary reasons you've enjoyed the level of success you have with such a broad spectrum niche. Most sites that cater to everything can't self-sustain for any number of reasons, from the rules to the staff, to membership cliques, etc. I think you'd be the first to admit JUOT isn't for everyone, especially anyone with "thin skin." I knew you had been through some medical issues and that you had some good people helping you out at the time. I didn't know about the DDOS attack or some of the other things of which you spoke. I suppose if you're in the admin business long enough you see everything at least once. Two of the forums I currently own started in a similar manner. The site owner decided to close one without notice in one case and to simply lock everyone out after we had all spent hundreds of man-hours building the site in another case. So, I suppose we should be thankful there are site owners like that so we know what not to do.

Congrats, Joe. I fully expect to be reading about your ten year anniversary in this forum five years from now.

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  3. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Congratulations on celebrating 5 years of being online! Cheers to the next 5 years.

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I made it through a couple paragraphs..lol
    I remember you talking about it starting from a jeep forum, I didn't know the rest.
    Also might I suggest making those headlines bold ;)

Treachery Afoot!
    A tradition of forgiveness begins!
    Growing Pains…
    etc..

it'll make it easier to read

oh congrats on making it 5 years :thumbsup:

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  5. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Thanks... My plan was to make those bold but I wasted so much time writing it in Word when I was done I just pasted it in and had to go on with my day. I'll go back soon and clean it up a bit.

Brandon likes this.
  6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    been there before..lol

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  7. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

Congrats! I used to use your forum for a guidline on updating my forum. What I didn't know is that our forums were close to the same age. Congrats!

BirdOPrey5 likes this.
  8. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Obviously a lot of effort has gone into juot to reach this milestone.
    I am very dubious that it will survive until its tenth anniversary, now that it is being run by scammers and hackers who now seem to be controlling it.

When a site lets the scammers impersonate others and post defamatory posts to defame others in violation of its own rules, then it is headed for failure.

"No venture can long endure unless built on the twin pillars of truth and honesty"

9. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 #Awesome

First Name:
    Joe
    Thanks all. We'll make a belieber out of you too Al.

I updated the history with the bold text and fixed a couple minor details I realized I got wrong. :oops:

10. Big al

Big al Regular Member

I would much rather be a BELIEVER than a belieber. :rolleyes:

PROVE it! remove all the crap that the scammer has posted while impersonating me and remove totally my photograph that was stolen from my PC by a hacker. But you cannot, as your scammer bosses have dictated to you what you can do.
    Prove me wrong Joe, I am calling you out on this, do the right thing and remove all the crap as requested.

Until this happens, then you are just working for them and do NOT control Juot.net.

Joe I am not overly religious, but I do have faith in the saying " By their DEEDS ye shall know them"
    not by what they say, but by what they do! Lets see you remove the derogatory posts and the photo of me that are in violation of your own rules.

Until this happens then you do NOT control Juot, but are allowing the scammers to dictate what will and what will not be posted.

This will decide if Juot survives as a worthy site and can be a factor in whether the site is still around in another five years.