JPiC Forum For Writers

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by MsJacq, Sep 27, 2011.

1. MsJacq

MsJacq Regular Member

ajpicforum.info_images_banners_jpic_468x60_lite.gif

JPiC was newly re-created earlier this year after a horrid issue with our previous webhost left us with only a couple corrupt database backups and the files I'd manage to save locally. The backup files I had were from 2008 - but better to re-start with something than nothing.

The redesign incorporates quite a few modifications which we are proud of, including our JPiC Magnet Poetry and our Literary Articles Database. The mainsite is powered by Subdreamer CMS with an integrated vBulletin install powering the forum.

A few other pages of interest:
    Stats as of this post:Threads: 6,224, Posts: 34,926, Members: 1,194

Promoting the forum after the upgrade (the site was offline for 2 months) has been a bit of a struggle. Anyone have ideas on how to promote a writers forum?

Anyway - Glancing lazily into the future...Our next upgrade will most likely be to the xenForo platform. Let me know what you think about the site and what can be improved. :)

J.

Brandon likes this.
  2. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Giving this a bump because its such a nice community. :) Lots of hard work has been put into this community right here.

3. LunarScorpio

LunarScorpio The Counselor

It's a fantastic site, I really need to join up one day soon!

4. Medora

Medora Regular Member

I really like this forum. It was an honor to review it at TAZ. And yay, quotations everywhere.