It is painful working with vBcover - iCart

Discussion in 'Community Forum Software' started by WEfail, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Why would you be sorry? That is how you conduct yourself everywhere including on vBcover.
    What happened to any press is good press??? So what if my review says vBcover and iCart stinks like your attitude. I stand by that comment still.

Never once did it say anywhere on your site *remove suhosin* or do not use it, upgrade to vB4, change forum dir structure etc. This is just a matter of a developer unwilling to support his product.

And seriously Lionel, how many people have anyone besides themselves to setup garbage like this? All 3000 of your customers have sys admins, devs and people on payroll trying to make the mysterious icart work. I never claimed once I was a sys admin or dev and you should have treated me like any other customer.

What you need to do is sit down and understand that to be a thief it requires a person to take something from another. I haven't taken anything from you that I haven't paid for.

Now take some more of your free time and look up the term fraud. That is you. You clearly have deceived us and continue to try and trick people into thinking i STOLE something from you. Yes, I said it Lionel. I am now saying you and vBcover is a big fraud act.

Hey Miner, don't be sorry. Lionel isn't hurt. This is the same guy encouraging the discussion by saying its press, regardless of its content.

Your custom solution is like better and not nearly as convoluted as iCart. iCart has tons of features it just doesn't work for us unless we remove security features.

One would think vBcover iCart not working is a real problem.
    This isn't even considering someone unmounting a drive and rebooting the server.

Again, you have the money, you have locked me out and I have no working iCart. Seems like the solution is simple but you keep over looking that.

2. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

Thank you. You should apply to be an affiliate. Between last night and this morning I had 2 customers who never heard of iCart before, they came to my site and each grabbed a copy. THANK YOU.

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE keep up the good work

3. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Again, you have the money, you have locked me out and I have no working iCart. Seems like the solution is simple but you keep over looking that.

4. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

Seriously, if you were an affiliate you would have made yourself 40.00 already.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Where do I sign up :D

6. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Well, perhaps. But here is a problem about being an affiliate and promoter for a product that doesnt work and lacks support. The affiliate looks like a doofus. I can make myself look bad without supporting vBcover iCart. If your support was better, your product worked and you didn't run around telling your customer they weren't smart, perhaps.

Until Lionel I will just stand by my Review of iCart.

Then he doesn't pay you because you said something negative about him a page back. lol

7. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Well, non tangible goods.. *aww well*
    that is the name of the game.

Wonder if that means I get my support ticket area back so I can cut and paste everything that was said?

Lionel?

edit: i'm locked out of both. let me guess. if you unlock any it will be only the one :(

Still calling me a thief and putting it in a marquee? LMAO
    vbcover-icart-review-drama-whos-the-scammer-lol
    So you get a bad review and then bash on your customer.

Aww well, I guess its a war of words and who can go the distance. *shrugs* such is life.

I like how you lie to your own customers.
    awww.lolsorry.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_11_vbcover_sucks.jpg

8. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

vbcover.com/idevaffiliate

9. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

When do i get my support access back? I am a paying customer. Also Brand Free, remember that?

Brandon likes this.
  10. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

Ok. This is seriously getting out of hand. I am now awake and because of Brandon's tweet on things getting heated, I decided to come back with another round of my comments on how you all are handling this and make you all look like a fool! Time to begin.

I left here at 3:15am about this shit eating contest and commented on how you all look dumb with this. The only person who commented was @WEfail and @GasMan320. They actually took me seriously despite all my other ambiguous and awesomeness in the post. From my understanding, we are all circling a damn opinion but refuse to acknowledge each other. By this, I mean @Lionel and @WEfail. Everyone else has their outside opinions and laughing at you both it seems. I have read this and read the thread at vBulletin.org. What I have gained from this is that the both of you are shouting on the internet. It is getting no where. It is like two idiots racing. Despite who wins, you both are still idiots. I am all for it cause I enjoy this sort of thing. My question out of this so far is how @Lionel 's grammar is so damn sporadic. Some posts are fine and others looks like you smashed your head on a keyboard and was lucky that everything was put together.

On to my review of the continuing thread. It is more back and forth of the nonsense. @WEfail restates the obvious and @Lionel decides to state how he is now banned. Ok. This is getting heated.Out of no where comes a threat! A THREAT BY @Lionel and I am shocked. Literally, shocked! You actually threatened him. Yes, it is vague, but a threat! That isn't very nice, is it? And then comes @Brandon with his voice of reason. He explains PR 101, how not to be an idiot 102, and shut up and accept it 103. From here, @Lionel goes on to say how he is an upstanding citizen and does everything that @Brandon exclaims despite this thread and others. From here, @Lionel continues how he hates XenForo. Ok, we get it. It doesn't have development, but people still buy it and IGN still runs it...if it isn't broken, don't fix it! This is a complete different subject, but whatever. @Miner then comes in and says sorry for basing his judgement from what he sees. Who can blame him? He has such a nice avatar and yet he is hungover.

What threw a curveball for me is that @Lionel says he has over 3,000 customers but only 400 copies of iCart until I realized he has a whole store of different modifications. @Brandon and @Lionel talk about their lovely child(ren). Now @WEfail comes back and goes on about suhosin. Obviously by vBulletin.org, people gave suggestions and then you didn't want to do them. I don't think 3,000 people use it. I know I had no idea what the hell it was is. From there, @Lionel makes some funny jokes on becoming affiliate. You are just adding fuel to the fire at that point.

Now what confuses me is that @WEfail proves he has paid for the modification. He has the right of access. Now, out of all of this, I would be reluctant to do that especially if he is trying to get his money back. From there, there is a screenshot to follow. This is ridiculous. This is the thing that you keep private as it is private even if this thread and others are making it public. This is standard procedure. I know you are warning your customers, but I can guess that almost all your customers don't sell goods. That is what admin forums are for. Plus you link to forums where you are looking stupid. Not smart.

Here is my suggestion to @WEfail and @Lionel for hopes of ending this bullshit. Either @Lionel give @WEfail back his money and he uninstalls your script and ends this with a bad interview that you can put past you or @WEfail unban @Lionel and @Lionel, you unban @WEfail and continue on his merry way about trying to make the script with suhosin which will benefit the both of you.

Alfa1 and Brandon like this.
  11. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

@fattony69

vBulletin.org culled the thread there, it had gone a stray but they left the important part and my initial question about suhosin.
    This is the thread: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2385479
    End result, DO NOT REMOVE IT.

I really have no use for his vBcover iCart script but that being said, I paid so I would like my access back to the support tickets so that if I ever wanted to use the script, I could.

I never banned Lionel to be clear. As I stated in the ticket, perhaps mod security may have banned him. I can't say verbatim since I don't have access but I believe he wouldn't tell us his IP to unban him. If he was doing something dodgy perhaps it grabbed his ip and banned it. Mod Security does that at times, like when people fiddle with logging into htaccess. Perhaps it was in error on his part, who knows.

If I was in Lionels position I would have refunded and closed the account the minute it became a big hassle, not engage in a huge p*ssing match.

To call me a thief makes no sense at all, I paid. I have no access to uninstall instructions or any instructions at all. Yet this guy makes a marquee about it on his forum. As the seller he should be making it right, not worse. Yes, I established a hurdle with the review and then the dispute, it got his attention. I fully understood there was a chance a non-tangible good would not be refunded. What I thought would happen was the guy with 3000 customers would just refund the transaction since he knows it doesn't work and move along.

My hands are tied to be honest. The only thing that could have been done different imo is to not have given vBcover iCart a bad review. But it is what it is, it doesn't work for us on our production box and so I cannot reccomend the product. Now, outside of that icart looks fancy but the customer support is awful. I am the customer, he is the supporter.

*shrugs*

My money is gone, my iCart review isnt.

fattony69 likes this.
  12. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

@WEfail this is the most sensible post you have written. Abso-god damn-lutely. This is what I am saying and you made it sound all correct and all. He states that he was IP banned and you should inquire into this. I agree with you as I have stated this all and you are just restated it all. This has turned into a cluster[****][****][****][****] and could have been solved very easily. Like I said, the thief thing doesn't make sense at all. You have a reputation on the internet and it definitely proceeds you. I don't know him, but with interacting with 3000 customers, I assume he does too. Egos got in the way of both of you and this shouting match is worst than sticking a knife in my rectum.

I do want to point out to @Lionel that he said your cart is fancy and if he could get it to work, he would enjoy your script. Can you both end this shit and move on?

13. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

@fattony69 I don't think @Lionel has any intention of giving me access though he has my money.
    I really wish I could cut and paste the support tickets even, then we can check the egos out. ;) But beyond that, would REALLY love to use the product I bought.
    awww.lolsorry.com_images_vbcover_no_support.jpg

14. GasMan320

GasMan320 Regular Member

This situation really can de-escalate if both @WEfail and @Lionel come back to the table to discuss what they feel is a fair solution to the problem.

@WEfail: Would you be willing to change your review and start with a clean slate and try to get iCart working again? If @Lionel is willing to help with that, would you be willing to update your blog and let your readers know that @Lionel made a good faith effort to deal with your issues and make you a satisfied customer?

@Lionel: Would you be willing to either refund @WEfail his money, or alternatively treat him as a paying customer and restore his support access?

This doesn't have to be such a big deal. Misunderstandings happen all the time and its natural to get heated in the spur of the moment, but afterwards, both sides should realize how they could have approached the situation a little differently and try to make amends.

Brandon likes this.
  15. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

This guy has full access to his script. As far as my terms and conditions,
    This guy wants to download and have his people fix the problem, fine. Me as far as I am concerned, I went over my head for a week trying to troubleshoot for it, exploring server issues, and I even got blamed for a site that he claimed that I put down when I had no access. I am really fed up with the whole thing and I am not interested in helping. Probably what he ws looking for since he wanted to persist in his attitude. After finding out that all along his site ws up, but my IP was simply banned, I will no longer wste my time into someone like that. No matter what I do, he blames me. He blames me for recommending vB 4.0. He blames me because Skype is crashing my PC. All these cries after he demanded and received my private phone number and never placed a call, then complains about my support. After while troubleshooting for him I found out that he had suhosin and mentioned to him that suhosin was bad news when improperly configured. This guy is not interested into getting his script working. All he wants is to keep badmouth me out there, and I am definitely not interested into working for him or with him or his people. Handling servers are not part of my services nor was it mentioned anywhere on my site. Requirements were spelled out and it is customer responsibility to meet them. Lynne by vb.org started making some suggestions to him, he was not interested. I have been correct all the way until the end when he started with garbage. I wasted 7 days day and nights banging my head trying to solve a fake server down issue. You can't fix your server? your problem. This guy is not trying to fix his problems. He wants a full refund while he keeps my script. That will never happen as far as I am concerned. I might as well put all scripts for free by vb.org. Once you let one guy get away with murder, you get lots of copycats. I had rather sell one script every 10 year rather than give in that sort of threat. I don't owe him any Skype conversation. And when he asked, I did not have to give him my phone number. If he really needed help he would have used it. No matter what I did, he called me an arrogant. So we can't really talk. I bend backward for my customers, but for that guy to be the real arrogant then blame me, badmouth me all over, he can go screw himself as far as I concerned. PR does not mean that I have to take shit from an [****][****][****][****][****][****][****]. I am not about to waste 11 - 15 hours non stop for that kind.

Now that I've said that let me pause for more shit from him. He can keep on vomiting his junks, I will no longer answer. I have legitimate good customers to worry about and who appreciate my help..Not to mention that at one point he told me to forget about it and to have a merry Xmas. To which I told him no I want to get to the bottom of this and make him happy. This was my intentions
    One final thing to clear up. He put a claim against me, PayPal sent the code to disable his download access. He lost his phony claim, PayPal sent the lift up. So all that crap about me banning, denying him, hummmm ... this is what I have been dealing with and this after multiple explanations.

WEfail likes this.
  16. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

I give up. At least I made some progress thanks to @GasMan320.

Brandon and GasMan320 like this.
  17. Miner

Miner Forum Theme designer

hehe... i am @sleep now:rolleyes:

18. fattony69

fattony69 Regular Member

You continue to look like an innocent child. I'll still enjoy your presence!

Brandon likes this.
  19. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Suhosin is the issue. Lionel is a good guy.
    read this: http://www.vbseo.com/f46/vbcover-review-horrible-support-27377/

We all need to just be smarter than Lionel and staff an army of braineacks.

And to maintain a consistent stream of publicity for Lionel and iCart, i updated my blog.

Perhaps Lionel is right, I am an [****][****][****][****][****][****][****].

UPDATE: Lionel is fighting back on the vBcover review / Horrible vBcover support.

20. Lionel

Lionel Regular Member

you are so dense and so fixated in trying to rob me that you are proving yourself. I did another Google search again and the first result came up also with a solution.
    Docs for page pclzip.lib.php
    But you are not interested as you also evaded those by vb.org trying to help you
    But hey, you are on your own. I will NEVER try to access your server again.
    P.S thanks for quoting that snippet of our interaction

WEfail likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.