Is using Traffic Exchange services a good idea?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by bosconian, May 15, 2013.

1. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

Hello everyone, I'm here to ask you a simple question: is using Traffic Exchange services a good idea?

I have used traffic exchange before and what I have found is that it is a good way of getting page views but not to get a loyal audience that will be returning later. The services I've used are TrafficSwarm and EasyHits4U.

So, what's your opinion on this?

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

No. The only people who use these services are webmasters trying to get free/cheap traffic. Hence they have no interest in regularly visiting your site, since they're only doing the bare minimum to hold up their end of the 'exchange' bargain.

3. fermlour

fermlour Regular Member

I thought people will not care about your site, clear that this show can you have many visitors to your site, as I often say, success breeds success, but I do not know if the investment will give some sort of profit. at least use a ptc site, because then at least people are required to visit your site for a few seconds.

4. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

And do you think using this kind of services can affect my results with Adsense?

5. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

People who view your site as part of one of these programs are unlikely to have any interest in clicking ads on your site. They just want to view it for about half a second or so to make the program think they've visited and boost up their own site in the system.

I'm fairly certain you won't get much ad money from traffic exchange users.

6. BennyCurry

BennyCurry Regular Member

Likely the only good thing that will come from using a traffic exchange will be improving your Alexa rank. Other than that, unless your site sells something that could be targeted to the traffic exchange audience (traffic, etc), I don't think it'll help much.

7. ConfabIt

ConfabIt Regular Member

I've not seen much luck from using them, so it's not really a good idea but not necessarily a bad one either. You might get lucky and have one or two people visit though; I visited a few sites once when I was doing an exchange.

8. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

boy most of their ads are services advertising like services I just discovered after trying one out... lol

9. moneyman

moneyman Regular Member

I wouldn't recommend it either since the traffic is low quality and it own't convert to loyal visitors. However, it is good in making money from CPM advertisements but be sure to check terms of service to not get banned.