Is it possible to strip down a XF Skin to its absolute, bare essentials?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by boyuancy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. boyuancy

boyuancy Regular Member

I was searching for something the other day and this website showed up in my search. As I love minimal designs, I absolutely fell in love with this site's design the second I saw it! It is a vB forum.

After a few admin talkers suggested XF or IPB, I have been weighing out my options for the past few days. The thing is, when I see XF forums, almost all of them look the same.

I know that the design can be achieved on IPB but is it possible to make a XF forum look like that?

Thanks. :)

Brandon likes this.
  2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

It's definitely possible to do this. You'd just need to go into the CSS stylesheet and remove all but the most basic styling information (aka everything responsible for things like the background, rounded corners, gradients and colour scheme). Maybe you'd have to edit some templates too, I'm not sure.

Either way, I know it is possible to do this, it's possible to do this with ANY forum software if you've got a sufficient level of HTML and CSS skill. You just might need to wait for more specific advice from someone who uses XenForo if you want to know what specific templates and things need to be changed.