IPB4

Discussion in 'IP.Board Discussions' started by ragtek, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

Really? Doesn't look abandoned to me. Unless I'm missing something, the author posted in the latest version discussion on 7th May this year, and also has a status update saying they've been away but will catch up with PMs.

2. we_are_borg

we_are_borg Regular Member

First Name:
    Jeroen
    What the add-on developer did was drop development on version 1.0 and with Xenforo 1.3 he made a new version that is compatible with 1.2 and 1.3. But people need to pay again to gain access i think that is what the Sehun is talking about.

3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

That's wrong if true, making people pay again to use it with higher XF version. That's just money grabbing. If they've paid for it already, then they should have access to download updated versions for use with XF 1.3. Not like it's major rewrite a large portal add-on, like the one being crows-funded. It's just latest topics in sidebar for pete sake.

XenForo has quickly gained a bad REP for being a festering place for people out to make money from mods all the time. anyway they can - like this example.

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  4. Mark.B

Mark.B Regular Member

If that's the case, then that isn't really very good, I agree.

A lot depends on whether that was made clear from the outset, or whether it was simply 'sprung' on people later.

5. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

At the time I used XF, I was looking for the feature and I posted a thread asking for recommends and she directed me to it and it mostly did what I needed....though having to repay again for the same add-on, I was not aware of nor did I expect it, left a bad taste in my mouth.

I am well aware that when IPB 4 comes out, i'll have to repurchase skins(sigh) and add-ons but XF 1.1 to 1.2(which is what I was using at the time) is not a monumental change to warrant paying twice.