IPB 4 Demo Site

Discussion in 'IP.Board Discussions' started by AWS, Jun 29, 2014.

1. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Just been to IPS 4.0 forum now and see this message. OMG!!! This must be a joke, as I've not posted their since yesterday and posted nowt to get a posting ban, what the heck?

But it says ban ended 3 hours ago, yet still can't post, ha! So that's message reads wrong. It says "3 hours ago", so a bug.

post-ban.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. Wonko

Wonko Regular Member

First Name:
    Stuart
    LoooL @GTB you gonner have to stop spreading your forum love around, banns everywhere:D

3. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Tell me about it! But I've not posted anything bad on the IPS 4.o site, so must be somebody messing around testing the feature. At one point the option was their for members to ban other members, give warnings or restrict their posting (I reported it). So maybe another member did it to me before Charles changed it to stop members abusing it on other members.

Not bothered, pretty much finished testing the site.

http://zend.ipsdevserver.com/ips4/topic/496-could-this-be-a-mistake/

This is what I saw when viewing another members profile because at first they set the forum up as power user, you all had banning options.

hhh.png

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  4. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

@GTB do you see the resemblance :)

But i am happy they followed our approach and improved what we built in house :)

Attached Files:

• gtb.png
      gtb.png
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
  5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Do me a favour Lizard King and point IPS staff to this post, as I cannot post their still and now see this message. Which has gone up from 3 hours (image posted above of that) to 12 hours now, but indicates my post ban should have ended 12 hours ago. But I still can't post on any forums their.

So think this might be a bug?

2.PNG

6. lordi

lordi Regular Member

oh woooow, I miss this news, OMG
    gonna try it

7. Lizard King

8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Ok, thanks. I did tweet Matt about it before heading out later. Which he replied and confirmed as a bug.

9. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Ah, see it didn't take long for the topic to get locked because of one or two people in it. That Forsaken is murder for getting topics locked about other forum software being discussed on XenForo, got loads locked when I was a member their and pointed it out to him/her then about keep doing it. See he/she had another hand in getting this one locked now, surprise... surprise.

Don't know why Shelley is moaning either about not having access to IPB 4 demo, she hasn't even bothered fixing the forum she runs now for months showing database error page. She's not interested in running a forum, not even on the forum software she prefers and uses, XenForo.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Superboy likes this.
  10. Dillon Lawrence

Dillon Lawrence Regular Member

I find it unsettling some (not everyone granted), can't discuss other forum software.

Anyway enough said, let's get back on topic here.

I see IP.Gallery looks very confusing/cluttered in the main calender view.

11. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

It saterday night and you're drunk?:P *scnr*

Dillon Lawrence likes this.
  12. Dillon Lawrence

I meant Calender :D

13. GTB

GTB Regular Member

You must be drunk as well, it's Saturday. Not Saterday

14. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Winner!:D

No, just too tired because i've found finally some time to play with IPS4.

15. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I've not been on IPS 4 demo site much this past week, not since first going on it. Been on once or twice for a few minutes only. Each to their own, but can't say I like the look of the default theme used their (yeah, I know themes can be changed), so see what it's like using a different theme later. Spotted a few glitchy things at times, but it's not final version yet (bugs still being fixed). Spotted this just now.

I viewed the calendar other day. Really did not like the look of that one bit. But as I say, each to their own in what they like, I'm not impressed by IPS 4 myself. Think XenForo still has best look with it's default style, but BB4 is fast becoming better than XF feature wise and will use same Text Editor in 4.1. But overall, XenForo still tops it with best default look, and first impression does count for a lot.

Snap1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  16. ragtek

ragtek Regular Member

Agree, but we all had our lesson:P
    My 1. impression of vB4 and vB5 was WOW... and now? I don't think that i have to share my minds about this peace of sh*t..

1. impressions of XenForo=> WOOOOOW, they coded this in only 1 year? WOOOOW, it's lacking so many features, but if they coded this in 1 year, all the missing features will be available in max. 6 months:D OH BOY, was i wrong;)
    ...bla bla..... i could write now sooooooo many things, but i'm not interessted in all the drama...

that said, i prefer IPS4 because of the SUITE (CMS, Blog, Gallery, Shop, Download System) which i can't have with vB or XF because they don't have it (even not as addon .... ok XF has 2 abandoned blog addons, 2 galleries and the RM but all the other addons are missing ) ;)

I prefer the IPS guys, because of the reusable code...( i said the same about xenforo in the past, but https://twitter.com/mike_sul/status/387917099139887105 changed my mind.. that's the quick and dirty aka vB3, vB4, vB5 way and that's NOT what i want... i don't want to see quick & dirty implements just to have requested feature... Code it the proper way or DONT implement the feature)

IMO the IPS guys had already their lesson with IPS3.. Just check http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/4445-the-development-channel/ ! you'll see that they really made some minds, before they started with the coding.

IPS: http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/4445/entry-8812-40-trees/
    XF: we have nodes, we have RM categories (official)
    then we have also several other node and self coded category types .........
    that's NOT what i want to see .. See also my suggestion here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/move-category-related-stuff-to-abstract-xenforo-class.49834/

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  17. Lizard King

Default look for XF is the worst possible style and has crazy number of UI/X issues but before the hate starts best to get away from XF discussion because it is the script which no one is allowed to criticise :)

18. Wonko

Wonko Regular Member

First Name:
    Stuart
    Could you be more specific about the UI stuff that's bad, personally I don't rate any of the default style's free or paid but as a base to work from defaults are fine, I don't know why people get so worked up about default styles. Not much in the way of xf fanaticism here thank god :)
    hopefully constructive critic only.

19. Dillon Lawrence

I'm interested too. What are the issues mentioned?

20. Lizard King

Just study the design detailed and you'll easily recognise most of them :)