Introducing, Myself.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Palm, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

it makes for a more pleasant environment.

------------------
    --Dann

AMD is like a zoo with the gate open, the bears can come out but the zookeeper has to stay in for the cheetahs

Pentium is like a race track because the cars can go faster and the guy who starts the race can leave

2. victoronehalf

victoronehalf Regular Member

it makes for a more irritating environment..... i mean we can't say pissed off? that's stupid, one of the reasons i love OML is the censorship rules are very light, but anyways..... i like your new avatar, palm boy....

heh, that **** you palmeiro topic was started by my best friend. he just can't see how anyone can like bush (i can't really either) and how you were or used to be homophobic... not sure which anymore

3. Palm

Palm Regular Member

Lol Vic that homophobe thang was just a joke. .

------------------
    <center> One Minute Left Forums
    "Eh, Big Bird? Did you just call me, Kremit?"
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
  4. victoronehalf

you sure...?.

5. KNSinatra

KNSinatra Regular Member

apparently, you can. happy?

------------------
    monsieurjohn: we have 2 yaks on campus
    KNSinatra: you lie.
    monsieurjohn: no i don't. i don't know what they're doing here, but they're real.

"Who wants more cheese on their pizza"

En fuego, bebé.

6. Palm

Palm Regular Member

I'm sure vic

KNS- we can say Pissed, but we can't say **** . dont you think somebody should add it? .

------------------
    </center>

7. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

they're just starred out, so it's not like people don't know what you mean. And then if people don't like seeing those words, they don't have to.

------------------
    --Dann

AMD is like a zoo with the gate open, the bears can come out but the zookeeper has to stay in for the cheetahs

Pentium is like a race track because the cars can go faster and the guy who starts the race can leave

8. mthrlangl

mthrlangl Regular Member

Sign me up next to KNS on the republican list..just maybe not so far right-wing, eh?

&lt;off topic&gt; Gosh - Knight in Shining Duct Tape? Very cute . &lt;/off topic&gt;

------------------
    "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help." ~ Calvin

9. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

Courtesy of KNS, of course .

------------------
    --Dann

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by Goshzilla on April 21, 2001 at 08:29 PM]</font>

10. JHowse

JHowse Regular Member

Yeah, another republican reporting in. Also...not so right winged. .

------------------
    Does driving a car from Saturn make me an alien?

That which does not make me barf, makes me stronger - possum37, fugly.net guru.

11. KNSinatra

KNSinatra Regular Member

I'm no right-winger either . Just a common-sense, pragmatic, moderate and proud of it, Republican. The only way to be .

------------------
    monsieurjohn: no i don't. i don't know what they're doing here, but they're real.

En fuego, bebé.

12. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

here here

------------------
    --Dann

13. BizkitBabe

BizkitBabe Regular Member

But anyways is right...I don’t know you very well at all Vic, but based on what I’m seeing you’ve been with AlienSoup for some time now, and have developed relationships here and there. Yet I’m seeing you are one in a pattern of others who have found other forums and in turn have criticized the Soup. I’m wondering, why? I love it here and if it’s all the same to you I’d rather not hear about how much better another forum is in comparison. Post here if you wish...I’d love to hear what you have to say, but after reading your resignation post, I’m confused about why you’re here to complain at all. Two words…”Drama queen”!

WE LOVE YOU ALIEN! .

------------------
    I keep on rollin'...*deap voice* baby

14. Goshzilla

Goshzilla Regular Member

I couldn't agree with you more. This really is the coolest place to be, and if it's because of the rules that some people may disagree with, then so be it. It works, and it works well.

------------------
    --Dann

15. KNSinatra

KNSinatra Regular Member

BB, your kind words about our forum are very much appreciated -- as is your recognition of all of Alien's hard work. Alien Soup *does* stand out in a crowd - it's not like every other forum, but I have more than just a hunch that that's precisely why we love it so much. Thanks for finding beauty in our unique-ness . .

------------------

En fuego, bebé.

16. mthrlangl

mthrlangl Regular Member

Really. Just look at all of us who are actually friends *outside* the Soup..all because the Soup brought us together. At least 4 people called me while I was in the hospital, more called me once I got home, my webcam only gets used to talk to Soupers, etc. This is a nice, happy little community, and I love it here. As KNS said, if the rules are what makes us a nice, happy little community, then yay for the rules.

(And, KNS, I wasn't referring to *you* as far right wing.)

------------------
    "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help." ~ Calvin

17. Palm

Palm Regular Member

Wow, I would never trust givin anyone my phone number from OML, maybe Victoronehalf and Hyper Sonic (you dont know him) but otherwise we have a lot of messed up people over there. I think I like it better here too, Soup is rarely down because of server errors.

------------------
    </center>

18. victoronehalf

whoa whoa whoa.... don't take this the wrong way...... i realize that wasn't the smartest thing to say.... but i love it here! it's great! it's fabulous! it's wonderful! it's scrumdidilyumptious! it was rude to compare it to oml, i know, and i won't do it again.... i love oml too, but for different reasons. you're both equally as great.... seriouslly.... i was just pointing out that censorship is ****ing irritating. really, i'm not saying that oml is better than you!

&lt;endnote&gt; &gt;.&lt; i really gotta start thinking about what i say, i could have rephrased that and not made it insulting to anyone &lt;/endnote&gt;

19. meezercat

meezercat Regular Member

Vic, if nothing else, you can take comfort in the fact that I, and I'm sure most other people, know exactly what word you typed that got starred out.

The reason for it, though, is to promote a friendlier atmosphere. And something tells me you'd rather have certain words unilaterally starred out than having mods go into your posts and remove offending words. I'd certainly prefer it that way, and not just because it would make more work for me .

20. victoronehalf

ok, i realize that some people are offending by swearing, but if someone really wanted to insult you they'd say "feck you" or something to that extent.....