Internet Brands Acquires ForumRunner

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by gnatster, Mar 9, 2012.

1. gnatster

gnatster Regular Member

First Name:
    Nathan
  2. Riess

Riess Regular Member

How long you give it before IB makes new app called "vB Reader" doing exactly what FR does minus its vB only and stop working on FR itself?

3. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

If I had forumrunner, I would remove it immediately.

4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

I really don't get why you have this huge "intense hate" for Internet Brands that you'll no doubt take to the grave with you. You say you'd remove forum runner because they now own it, but you use their forum software? Do you not think your contradicting yourself there?

5. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Wow. Now there is a shocker. I wonder if they will make it a vbulletin only solution.

6. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Never used it myself, know very little about it even. But read many saying they expect to see it not support XenForo now IB own it, I would go along with that one. That said though, if it did still support XenForo, would it give IB the ability to gather important statistical information about XF sites they could use to their own advantage (maybe)?

7. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I'm sure it would. They get stats when you use the Adsense and Skinlinks so it would stand to reason they'd get stats from Forumrunner also.

8. GTB

GTB Regular Member

In that case then I wouldn't right off support for XenForo still being there, even with IB now owning it. End of the day, if they can make money off the back of XenForo, I would imagine they will with people using Forum Runner with XF sites. Along with giving IB the chance to gather statistics about XF forums in general, something they are keen to do when it comes to buying up forums.

But, who knows?