I jumped in and forgot to introduce myself :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ArnyVee, May 25, 2009.

1. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Hey there fellow admins! :D

It's great to support Nick and staff here on AdminAddict and also to be able to share success stories, bumps in the roads (we learn from our mistakes, right?) and to assist each other in attaining our goals with our respective "communities"! :thumbup:

My name is Arnold and I'm the owner, admin and gardener over at http://www.WaltDisneyBoards.com (my 'main' site), Glam Rock Talk (still under construction), WDBuddies - Where Disney Fans Become Disney Friends (social networking site for Disney fans/friends using Dolphin software) and Fans of Ricky Gervais ... Brilliant ... Fact. (just messin' around with a concept and I'm a fan of Ricky Gervais :) )

So, I just wanted to say :hello: and hope that I can be a productive member and possibly help out a newer admin here or there :D

2. Mike

Mike Adept

First Name:
    Mike
    Hi Arny! Good to see you.

3. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Hey, Arny! :)

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Hey Arny, I'm so glad to have you here. I enjoy posting with you on the other boards that we both belong to, so it's great to extend over here, too.

I don't know if I've ever told you but I have always been impressed with what you make of your sites. They are always very beautiful and inviting. You have some extremely nice touches.

Anyways, it's nice to have you on board. Welcome :)

5. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Thanks folks! :D

And thanks to Nick for those great comments! :)

I try and make my sites fun and inviting, but sometimes I go overboard...LOL....so, I'm working on making them a little less "busy" and more simple like yours here. I absolutely LOVE the color scheme here (who did your skin?) as it has a calming effect. And, everything is here for us without being overdone in anyway. So, great job to you Nick! :D

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

You strike me as someone who is naturally hyperactive, like me. :lol:

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Yes Chris....my parents opted for the 'naturally hyperactive' package when I was born :D

And, that's a good thing! It means that we have ideas and thoughts flowing through us constantly which makes for a wonderful and creative thought process! :)

Now, if I could just organize all of my thoughts and ideas....I would be dangerous! :lol:

8. John

John Regular Member

Well you have been here for a while already now but welcome anyway :)

9. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Yes! Having all of this energy has proven to be excellent when it comes to productivity. We could already be dangerous... *evil laugh*

10. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Just joined today Jevoro, but I jumped right in as if I had been here for awhile. ;)

Plus, I know a good amount of the folks participating here, so it's like another home away from home already :lol:

11. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Arny,

Our skin (vB and matching WP) was done by Professional Web Design | Kalina Web Designs.

The 'great job' comment really shouldn't go to me. Daniel and Savage X set up the site in 2007 and laid the foundation for everything. I just joined the team in March and simply fixed quite a few things, made some adjustments and essentially got the site off the ground with SavageX. I have only formed a small part of what you see today. ;)

12. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Well then, let me say congratulations to Daniel and Savage X as well! :D

Were you guys satisfied with the prices, communication and service offered by Kalina Web Designs? I'm looking to redo my homepage (wanted to go with a WP front page) and redo the color scheme to a custom skin on WaltDisneyBoards.com, but haven't found someone that would do both the WP and vB for a decent price or were consistent in communicating with me. If you want to share your feedback via PM, that's cool too. :)

13. John

John Regular Member

Hehe, maybe but it feels like you have been here forever :P
    And im the one to talk, i have only been here for like 5 days :P

14. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Hey Arny!

I guess I'm a little late on the introduction, but you've got some really nice sites and I'm glad you have decided to join AA. Have fun. :)

Edit:
    Yes, I was satisfied, but Daniel was more involved with this than I was. What I did was login to the preview forum and give my suggestions etc. I think in the end it came out quite nicely because it didn't always look like this. Communication was great.

15. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I don't know what's up with KWD, but I sent an inquiry over two weeks ago and I haven't received a response. It couldn't have been marked as spam because I used the contact form on their website. So in my experience so far, communication hasn't been great. (I wasn't around with the creation of the current design).

I'm considering a custom design for my forum and I'm looking into http://jacquiidesigns.com/ or ForumSkin.com (their site isn't the most up-to-date but they certainly are still around). You should look into either of them.

16. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Thanks for the welcome and for the info Savage X :)

I guess that I'll wait for some feedback from Daniel and Nick as to some more specific info on the process of working with Kalina Web Designs. They have obviously done a great job here. Did they help with graphics, buttons and logos and such as well or just the skins?

Edited: Saw your post Nick as I was typing this up. So, you wouldn't necessarily recommend them at this point?

17. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Daniel has mysteriously disappeared for a little while, so don't plan on waiting for him. :p
    I was never around when this skin was designed, so can't offer any input there.

Essentially, the only experience I have with them right now is sending an inquiry and not getting a response. How could I recommend that? :lol:

I'm not necessarily recommending against them, but I can't encourage them either.

Also, from what I understand, everything here was designed by them. Logo, buttons, skin, color schemes, etc.

18. Tyler

Tyler The Badministrator

First Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, it was a complete custom skin that we had made - both vB and WordPress.

It sounds like they're just dead now for whatever reason. Maybe she took a break from her work. If you really want to try to get a skin made there, you can check out her own forum here.

19. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Thanks guys! :D

20. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Arny, I like you already... I'm going to "friend request" you right now.