How To Increase Your Traffic

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Chance, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Chance

Chance Newcomer

First Name:
    Vic
    I would like to know how to get more activity to my websites. I've always submitted to free search engines is this what you do? Hard it seems to get traffic and people to register.

2. PandaMarketer

PandaMarketer Newcomer

First Name:
    RedMatrix
    Are you opposed to paid traffic? Cuz you could run some campaigns.

3. Chance

Chance Newcomer

First Name:
    Vic
    Well I am limited on cash but was thinking about doing just that. Where would be a good place to go? I have about 8,200 or more Ibpro Games for Free Downloads that work with Vbulletin, SMF, MyBB, and a few others. Tar Files. I think I might need help getting the pay thing set up. I have the mod just not too sure about this since I've never been down this route before.

4. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I think the Panda is talking about paying for visitors to your forum, you pay someone who will get them to visit through ads and such.

5. PandaMarketer

PandaMarketer Newcomer

First Name:
    RedMatrix
    Yeah, you put an ad on Google or Yahoo or Bing... you pay everytime someone clicks your ad.

Or you could have a posting contest, and promote that. You could also hire some people to write posts (to make it look busy).

6. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    You have to give your guest a reason to join, look at your site or your competitors and ask yourself this, why would I join this site?

Keep working on the content, make your site fun and enjoyable for your members.

7. torsten

torsten Newcomer

First Name:
    torsten
    Submitting to search engines will not help. You will get traffic from search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing. You have to optimize for search engines to get traffic. Link building is the key for success. You can do directory submission, blog commenting, social networking, press releases, etc to build traffic and getting good rank in Google.

8. Eola

Eola Guest

The best way is to find good keywords - so good tools may help you enough. I use semrush for example.. Has anybody tried it?

9. horizon

horizon Newcomer

Submitting to search engine will not bring anything. You dont have to submit to search engines. Search engines will automatically finds you. You can use methods like forum posting, blog commenting, social networking, article marketing to build traffic.

10. googleseo

googleseo Newcomer

Yeah I agree with Torsten. You have to identify keywords, optimize your site for those words and then start building links back to your site. It takes a while but if you stick at it you will defintely get decent results in the end

11. irorymen

irorymen Newcomer

yes well said ...to see more visitors you need to do a lot of seo work

12. Cecilia

Cecilia Newcomer

The best way of generating quality r=traffic to your site is through quality link building. These include:

- Social Book Marking
    - Videos submission
    - Articles Submission
    -Forum and blog posting.

13. Cecilia

Cecilia Newcomer

The best way of generating quality traffic to your site is through quality link building. These include:

- Social Book Marking
    - Videos submission
    - Articles Submission
    -Forum and blog posting.

14. eVoXTRM

eVoXTRM Newcomer

Advertising in social netowrking sites

15. bevans

bevans Newcomer

First Name:
    Bryan
    Well to start with, you have to get your web site out in the open for everyone to see. Let's admit it, you want people to visit your website and what is the best way to do it? Advertise. Some people think that you need to spend for advertisement but luckily, due to the advances in technology, you can already let a lot of people learn about your website for free through social networking sites, which admittedly could work better than paid ads.

16. Middeljans

Middeljans Regular Member

First Name:
    Middeljans
    Here are some ways to increase web traffic:

To have a fully functioning and successful website, you need to make sure your tags are in place and your links are not broken. You also need to submit a sitemap.xml file to Google to have your website show up in Google's search engines. There is a tool that inspects websites just in case you missed tags and links and it creates a free sitemap.xml file. It gives you results in minutes.

Outsource article writing. If you hate the thought of generating content yourself, or your team is not writing-savvy, consider outsourcing this end of the task. Depending on the length, content, specialization and quality required, prices can start as low as US$5 per article. However, don't neglect attempting to write your own work - who better than you knows your own business, hobby or club and can express precisely what needs to be said? Just sit down and start writing an article. You may be impressed when you're done!

Add video to your landing pages (VLP - Video Landing Page) that is informative and relevant to your site. Respected studies show that good video can improve conversions and page ranking more than most any other item you can add to your pages.

17. carolynccourtney

carolynccourtney Newcomer

First Name:
    carolyn
    Search engine marketing are discuss below
    bookmarking
    forum posting
    directories
    blog commenting

18. Marker1z

Marker1z Regular Member

First Name:
    Marker
    You can increase traffic in this ways:

* Write articles on your topic
    * Join to Social Bookmarking Sites and submit your site
    * Write a Press Release about your product/services and submit to Free PR Submission sites
    * Register and join forums with the same topic/niche
    * Article submission to top article directories.
    * Web directories submissions.
    * Search engine submissions.
    * Blog commenting on dofollow sites.
    * Social bookmarking of your individual articles/posts
    * Social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, myspace.
    * Forum Posting.
    * Create squidoo lens.
    * Submit your site to blogs and RSS directories.
    * Link exchange. One way links are better to get high PR.