How Often Do You Visit!!

Discussion in 'vBulletin Discussions' started by Terry, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Terry

Terry Regular Member

vB.com and why?

Me, very rarely now, not posted since April 2013 and this is in protest of how i felt that customers were made to look silly by PaulM when replying to threads etc ..

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  2. zappaDPJ

zappaDPJ Regular Member

Up until a year ago I used to visit most days. Now I only visit when I have to i.e. to download an update or check on a reported security risk.

I'd probably visit more often out of curiosity but the combination of bulletin running the world's worst forum platform on one of the slowest to respond servers I've ever visited is something to avoid.

Incidentally, that's something I just don't get. I realise vBulletin 5 is hardly the world's best in terms of optimised code but it only accounts for a fraction of the lag present on vbulletin.com. The landing page is actually not that much faster than the forum so I have to wonder why nobody has fixed the issue as it's been like that for years.

Autopilot and Big al like this.
  3. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    I try to get there once a month to check up on security updates or version updates so I can keep the demo site updated. I don't post. I don't know when the last time I did.

Autopilot likes this.
  4. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Very rare that I visit vB.com now. I was there looking other day actually, but bet past 2 years I've not been more than 10 times. Don't use vB so no reason as such to go their anymore.

Autopilot likes this.
  5. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Rarely. Most of the relevant posts seem to have been removed.

Autopilot likes this.
  6. Adrian Schneider

Adrian Schneider Regular Member

First Name:
    Adrian
    I'm not sure if it's muscle memory opening up my daily sites, or OCD, but I check .com and .org every day. Usually end up closing it quickly as there isn't much relevant activity for me.

I used to really enjoy the Private Coders Discussion, but now it's a ghost town. :(

Big al likes this.
  7. Paul M

Paul M Dr Pepper Addict

I have no clue who you are, so your "protest" was (or is) a complete waste of time.

8. Autopilot

Autopilot Regular Member

And there in lies the basis of vB's problems. Denial and disregard of an individuals concerns based not on any rational reasoning but just on the bases that he is not know to an insensitive vB staff.
    I think the first 4 words of your post sums you up, "You have not clue"