How I'm making money with viglink

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by foreveranoob, Apr 27, 2015.

1. foreveranoob

foreveranoob Regular Member

So, I have a couple automotive forums that are 7 months old and I'm doing pretty well with Viglink and thought that I'd share what I'm up to. While my forums are new, I'm doing AVG$600 a month on one and AVG $550 on the other, all with Viglink only, no banner or Adsense ads.

My competitors have lots of adsense and what do you know, most of their members have switched to my forums because we do not have banner ads!

Here is my strategy in case you would like to try it.

1. Sign up for Viglink here http://www.viglink.com

2. Place their code on your forum, be sure to place it on each theme if that applies to you.

3. In Viglink, go to "Settings" and turn on "Convert" and check mark all options and then go into "Advanced" and choose "open links in same window".

4. Below that, see and turn on "Insert" , and move the sliding bar to "Most Revenue". Also checkmark all devices.

5. Now you are set up with Viglink and the work begins.

6. After a day or so, all merchant links that are on your forum will now be redirected to the same merchants, (IE ebay, amazon and hundreds of others, but the links to those merchants will have your code connected to them.

7. Go to Viglink Dashboard and see reports of which links people are clicking, and a day later, you will see your revenue gained from when people click and buy! It will seem small at first, don't walkaway. The real work starts now.

8.While in Viglink Dashboard, click on "Merchants" and look up the merchants that you want to affiliate with. To the right of ea merchant you will see color graphs. RED means not affiliated yet. Yellow Means some products on that site earn you money and GREEN means all products on that site earn you money!

9. Grab a piece of paper, and start going thru all pages of merchants, look at the color codes and write down each merchant that matches your forum's interests, but is RED and not affiliated with your forum yet.

10. Now go to http://support.viglink.com/home , skip the answers section and click on "Submit a Request.
    Write them and ask them to turn on affiliation with all of the merchants that you have written down, click send.
    Response will take a few days, and not all will approve you right away, but most will. Viglink will fight to get you approved, and this also gets your forum on that Merchants Radar.

11.Now, go back to Viglink Dashboard. Click "Anywhere". Download the bookmarklet and put it in your browser favorites bar.

12. Now, go to Viglink Merchants tab. Start going to each GREEN coded merchant and look at their payout, and then in another tab, go to that merchants website. Find a good sale or deal that will interest your members. Now, while on that merchants sale page, Clcik thet Anywhere bookmarklet that you just put in your browser, and then generate the link, and then shorten the link and copy it.

13. Now go to your forum and start a new thread "Check out this..." Paste that link into the thread.

14. Start a permanent thread titled "Helpful Ebay & Amazon Links and each day put ebay and amazon link sin there. Others will start to place links that they found on Ebay and amazon as well, and Viglink will automatically start converting those links to your account.

I am doing the above weekly and making over $1000 a month just with Viglink, on forums that are under a year old, but are averaging 10,000 pageviews a day. I also share some links on twitter and Facebook.

I find that members can live with these links, most dont even know they are monetized and even the ones who do know, much prefer links over Adsense banner ads.

I hope this helps someone. I might start posting a new link ea day and see how much more revenue I can earn.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015