How can TechGeeks be made better?

Discussion in 'Community Showcase' started by Techie, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Techie

Techie Regular Member

Former members of HCNET aren't liking the merge with TechGeeks.

http://admin-talk.com/threads/hcnet-is-for-sale.1305/#post-12409

I want your opinions on why and how TechGeeks can be improved. I spent quite a bit of time merging and setting up new categories to make all the discussions organized in a logical way and I want to know what could have been done better.

I also want to ask how important a "promotion section" is. Do more people really sign up just because they know they can make a thread linking to their site? It seems pretty pointless to me but it seems like lots of these new startup sites that get promoted on promotion forums have sections like these.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

The main reason would be that they miss the original founder, and that it just isnt the same without him. Another thing is that tech geeks has had that same dead look for months, I suggest you get a custom theme and banner, because right now you have the default ipb theme which is boring. Make it look interesting, get some new cool mods.

And a promotion section will help you with posts, but the members might not stay active.
    Hope I could help.

3. Techie

Techie Regular Member

I actually bought the Elegant theme by SkinBox and we were using that but the newest update completely screwed it up. This update fixed the login on the theme but it also had a lot of images missing. It looked horrible :/ So I decided to go back to the default theme and stick to the new default theme that comes out with IP.Board 3.2. It's going to be beautiful.

Kaiser likes this.
  4. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Wow, looks nice... but soon everyone will be using that too... will just make it boring again like how all defaults are. And yea about the update and the theme messing up, that happens often with ipb updates.

5. SpacewardAsh

SpacewardAsh Lurking From Space

First Name:
    Ashley
    This is more of a members review thread than a promotion thread, so I've moved it to the Member Reviews section

Kaiser likes this.
  6. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Oh thanks, didnt notice or I would have moved it myself.