High-yield but discreet ad location

Discussion in 'Monetization Techniques' started by Nick, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

What ad placements on forums can be high-yield with generous earnings, but at the same time are rather discreet, unobtrusive, and not annoying to regular members? Any unique placements that you know of?

2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

I have two overwhelming "winners" when it comes to clicks.

The "welcome header" block (not discreet at all) and the under-navbar placement. Both are my top spots. And, the 'within first post' is starting to do better here and there.

I'd be interested in seeing what others experience as good placement ads. :)

3. Nick

Nick Regular Member

The welcome header location is one of my highest-performing as well. Another good one is in the actual header. I have a small square ad unit next to my logo in the header, and it's either the number 1 or number 2 earner. Also pretty good is a link unit in the bottom of the notices box. On my forum, this means it is shown to guests, and to users periodically (depending on if there are any announcements, it's their birthday, or the forum they are visiting has specific guidelines or information).

4. kev

kev Regular Member

The welcome area - under the navbar, between the first and second post, and next to the header image.

Those are the 3 spots that I kinda focus on. But I also have banners next to the quick reply box.