Heya

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Georges Krinker, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Georges Krinker

Georges Krinker Regular Member

Hey guys,

My name is Georges and I'm from Brazil but currently living in Canada. I've managed communities for about 7 years now, though I still consider myself an amateur in the area. I have few things to teach, and even more to learn about website administration, hence the reason I joined this promising community.

I heard about this website through MYBB (Official forums). You guys may know me as Violation there. I have a passion for writing reviews. Some of you might have read some of the small snipets of criticism I've conjured. Anyways, feel free to add me on Facebook if you want to get to know me better. My biggest achievement as a community owner was with CovertCodes.com

I didn’t give up when others told me that I would fail in starting a community of international appreciators of technology and modern inquiry. How would I compete with the other thousands of technology-based websites floating around the World Wide Web? At the time I couldn’t tell; but I wasn’t going to give up! For every comment of disbelief made by those who doubted, just fed my desire to prove myself and achieve something greater!

But 650 members was something beyond a statistic or number. It was the size of our “family” and my personal sanctuary and intellectual utopia. It was the first time I found people to listen, people who were keen to bounce off ideas, and improve my own. Amongst our discussions included the challenges and complexities of time travel and the impact of religion on the thinking mind. It also served as stimulus to my precious personal project: I keep a private log book of my thoughts, feelings and theoretical calculations. The most noteworthy of these are my observations on Chaos Theory, fractal art and uncertainty principles.

I also learned a great deal throughout this year of my website's existence. Through our various discussions with topics pertaining to current events, I learned to embrace other people’s arguments as a way to broaden my own point of view. Besides this, I also acquired a principle that I intend to carry with me throughout the rest of my life: leaders must be sensitive, understanding, and must motivate others through a humility that serves to inspire.

Hope to be able to further share my insight with you guys.

Best Regards and Happy 2011,

Georges

Kaiser likes this.
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Regular Member

Welcome to AdminBB! ( Canada and Brazil Rocks! )

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Good to have you Georges! Happy New Year :)