Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rodserd, Nov 15, 2013.

1. rodserd

rodserd Regular Member

Hello everyone, I'm Rodserd, a Computer Science student (that hopefully will be graduating soon). I've been in quite the accelerated program, but managed to land a job at a little small business in St. Louis. Hoping to get some experience there and move on to bigger and better things. It really scares me how much I don't know, and how little my classes have prepared me for the real world. I'm trying to find as many online resources as possible to learn as much as I can about the whole industry. My mentor is a super nerd who has to be some sort of a savant with code....its kinda scary.

Web Design is a nasty weakness of mine. I have no aesthetic sense, and it shows. Its been recommended that I sit down with the W3C pages for a couple weeks and learn every bit of css I can. Not really looking forward to trying that, but I need something to help my door aesthetic sense.

cpvr, Brandon and Big al like this.
  2. Big al

Big al Regular Member

Welcome rodserd, Good to see you here.
    Welcome to the real world. It can come as quite a shock. You will probably learn more in six months in the real world than most of the time in classes. :thumbsup:

Again welcome. :agreed:

3. rodserd

rodserd Regular Member

Not sure if it was because I took the class after having to do it at work, but my databases class was a breeze after figuring out how to do it all on my own at work (minus the translating from Oracle SQL to MySQL, same principles though).

Unfortunately I have an ever growing list of things to learn and no time to learn them.

4. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Hello

5. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Welcome to the community! How are you doing?

6. pixelek

pixelek Regular Member

warm welcome to you :)
    as of CSS - its very useful and its more than good to know it :)
    Have a great time here :)