Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alyth, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Alyth

Alyth Regular Member

Yeah, I know. I'm a bad bad member! I haven't really been around a lot...at all. Well, I thought I'd drop in anyhow and see how everyone is doing. Well, for those that don't know me well, I'm an older member of Aliensoup. I've been here since it's birthday and have been lurking since I disappeared.

I've been busy with a bunch of things. Some personal stuff, but more recently I've been attending school for medical assisting. The past week I finished my classes and my externship. Now I gotta study for the exam and that'll be it! If I pass that exam, I'll be a certified medical assistant! It's a really cool field of study. MA's are the ones that most of you greet when you visit your doctor. We look like nurses and can do just about anything they can but we can also work the front desk and administrate the office. We often are the ones to also collect your payments and schedule your next appointments. Not all the time though. A lot of medical offices prefer to use us for vitals and gathering important information that will help them diagnose or treat their patients. I love talking to people. Most of the time, people seem to like seeing a happy face when they first walk in to the office. That's what I provide! If they are not in the best of moods or are really just not feeling well, it's still nice to see someone smiling and happy to see them. I'm not bubbly by any means (at least I don't think so), so at least I'd say I'm not annoying for those not in the most chipper of moods, but I like seeing people smile, so I'd imagine they like it too. :nod:

Well, I liked massage therapy a lot, but I think I found another career I can do well in and feel confident in. I can advance to many fields from here...nurse, radiology technician, etc..., so at least no one can say this field doesn't go anywhere. I've heard people say it, and to be honest with you, I feel they just haven't found the field they like. The pay is fairly low for what a medical assistant can do, but it's a stable job and highly sought after from doctors ....maybe even more so than nurses since we don't get paid as highly as they do and can do almost anything they can. :tongue:

Wow I talk a lot. Sorry about that. Basically, I figured I'd say hi again and reintroduce myself. You may be seeing more of me. One of my sites may be joining you guys. Sorry to say, it's mainly content, though.... Not much activity on there. :rolleyes:

2. Panache

Panache Regular Member

Welcome back, Alyth! Glad to hear you're doing well.
    And best of luck on your medical assistant exam! :D

3. monsieurjohn

monsieurjohn Regular Member

good to hear from you! that job sounds like it'll be perfect and you'll realy enjoy it. good luck!

4. rosebud

rosebud Regular Member

Welcome back Alyth