Have you ever used paid posters?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Online Community' started by Florence Jensen, May 11, 2015.

1. Florence Jensen

Florence Jensen Regular Member

As an owner of a new forum, I'm thinking about how to get members to join my forum. Nobody wants to join an empty community. Have you used paid posters before? Was it worth it?

My forum is about food blogging, so I'm not sure if that would work with me. Food bloggers usually have a blog, facebook page, and twitter account which most people fake posting would not have, unless they are a food blogger.

2. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Don't see the point of paying anyone to post messages on a site you're running? It's all false!

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  3. avault

avault Regular Member

Yes but the problem I have is once they've done their job they are gone. So if I was to buy an active poster once their job is done they are gone. Which sucks

4. cwvps

cwvps Regular Member

Maybe it would be best to ask your friends and colleagues to register and start threads and conversations. It's not so hard, nor time-consuming to do that and they could do it more in the beginning and then less and less as the time goes by and the forum grows. It's also good to see a moderator or an owner who starts threads himself. You could maybe pay someone to create some helpful articles which will attract people to your forum.