Graphics

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by CaptKirk, Jul 21, 2000.

1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

Alien,

I see that you can insert a picture in a message, but it seems to need an existing web url to get to it? How does that work, is there a scratch pad area here to which I can ftp a small image (say an avatar size graphic) to display in a message? How can I use the insert picture feature if I don't have an existing HTTP location to point to?

THX.

2. Alien

Alien Regular Member

Hiya,

I'm so glad you asked that question! .

You can't currently upload your own pictures someplace for others to see, unless you have a public web address the picture can be drawn from...

This can be a web host you have, or one of those temporary file storage sites, some of which allow something to be available for others to see for a temporary period. However that option isn't very attractive, since when it expires, the message thread here will end up with a broken image inside it.

We'll see at some point about opening a limited size public ftp address for storage of some important images perhaps... I haven't really thought enough about that yet, as I'm working on alot of other issues here right now, and a full portal site at the same time. .

More details on that soon...

----------------------------
    Alien - Administrator / Owner
    ["Everything was true. God was an alien. Oz really is over the
    rainbow. ...and Midian is where the monsters live." -Nightbreed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
  3. CaptKirk

CaptKirk Regular Member

I figured as much-

Not trying to be a bother, or anything, I just hoped there might have been something public...

Hmmm- a personal web space- that is an interesting idea...