Google or facebook or twitter?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by cpvr, May 25, 2011.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Pinterest is good if you're all about products and re-pinning stuff to people. I admit, that's a network I don't use a whole lot. I like fast interaction, Facebook doesn't do that for me but Twitter does. I'm also curious as to what Myspace will do with their new version and if they'll have any impact on any sites. I'm doubtful.

2. ProSportsForums

ProSportsForums Regular Member

I truly prefer quality membership to quantity of membership. Many of the people found on Facebook, Twitter, etc. have very little of substance to say. They only care that someone, anyone, is at least pretending to listen. That is in diametric opposition to the concept of forums, where in-depth discussion of substance is what drives traffic. Social media is a necessary evil but it is also a passing fad. Every form of social media thus far has had an End of Life date. I can't fathom Facebook and twitter being any different.

3. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

I just want to generate traffic. And Pinterest does it better than Facebook or Twitter or any other network. Instagram is good too. I'm not looking to engage with anyone. Just drive the traffic, and convert them.

cpvr likes this.
  4. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

Its not just about products alone. You can use Adsense with your niche too, but it shall be good if your niche is related to food, fashion or something similar.

You can start using Pinterest just for money making, and promote the right things.

5. nav0413

nav0413 Regular Member

i everyday use Facebook but i notice twitter is also good so now i create account on twitter.:)

6. limcid

limcid Regular Member

I would choose Twitter because it's the least invasive and stockpiles the least amount of personal information. I believe this rampant social networking is going to leave quite a hangover one day. I think it's good to use it, but you have to put reigns on it to keep things under control.

Brandon likes this.
  7. xHysteria

xHysteria Regular Member

Using twitter is a great way to promote your website. Facebook doesn't have that great of a promotion service, all they do is like pages and share stuff. Twitter is more of a public thing, and everyone can see it.
    xHysteria.

8. Bill Hughes

Bill Hughes Regular Member

Someone once told me you should only focus your time on one "google or facebook or twitter" as it will take away from the main objective.

9. Dreek Lass

Dreek Lass Regular Member

I have seen Google Plus profiles, and they have been around for quite a while now. Bur it seems like they are doing something wrong, because nobody really seems to be taking to filling out their Google Plus profiles, although there is a rumor that if you set up a G+ profile, then Google will favor you and rank any of your sites higher in the SERPS.

Facebook and Twitter are a lot more popular than Google, but above anything else I think that Facebook has the most traffic to offer. They have groups that internet marketers can go to, and some of these groups have thousands of members. All an internet marketer has to do is pick a niche and go to the corresponding Facebook group, and advertise there.

Overall, I prefer Facebook. It just seems much more cohesive, although Twitter also has its uses.

10. mVd

mVd Regular Member

I really think Facebook and mass social media in general has become a problem in today's society. One of the biggest reasons for it is the amount of information that is recorded and stored on that site. Every picture and word is being stored in massive databases where it can be used agains't you. The Terms of Service allows Facebook to store that information, although most people do not read it and therefore do not know about it.

The second reason is that it creates addiction towards it with it's casual games and other applications, that has enabled the users to spend a lot of their time on the site. This is also strenghtened by this sort of time-wasting culture, where instead of productiveness, teenagers prefer to chit-chat, look at strangers photos or read their "statuses", towards which they gain nothing to improve their own life or quality of living.

Twitter also has a similar problem, although not as severe. I can only hope that this sort of behaviour does not progress forward into disaster in our traditional norms.