Google Analytics alerts?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by jyri, Dec 26, 2012.

1. jyri

jyri Regular Member

Hi guys, what custom things do you watch with your Google Analytics, or your favorite tracking platform?

I like to know how many visitors are staying longer than an X ammount of time. Not the average number, as an average of 1000 visitors when 999 stay on a site for 1 second and 1 visitor who stays the entire day might suggest a totally different picture.

So, what costume alerts you consider important?

Brandon likes this.
  2. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

I only have one set of alerts currently and it's for if my traffic changes by more than, I think, 100 or 200 in a day. That way, I can see when there's a big spike in traffic from a post getting picked up on Pinterest, etc...or when my traffic falls out of nowhere.

3. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I check the keywords that I'm receiving search engine traffic from in Analytics the most. I'll also check my unique visitors everyday. I don't do much in Google Analytics besides that.

Brandon likes this.
  4. Martin W

Martin W Regular Member

I do not use it, I have set it up on a few sites but never bothered to do much with it :( I really think I should start to do something with it though as it can be a good help.

5. johnthomas1433

johnthomas1433 Regular Member

Most people get satisfied by seeing the number of unique visits per day. I think at the very least, one should also be looking at the bounce rate, time spent, and the source of your traffic .