Good, Free host.

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by hcted, May 28, 2010.

1. hcted

hcted Newcomer

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hey, currently for my web design site I use x10hosting. I hate it, I cannot use a TLD on it or anything.

Does anyone know of any good free web hosting that allows for your own domains?

Thanks!

2. MordyT

MordyT Grand Master

First Name:
    Mordy
    I saw your title and had a laugh. Good and Free in the same sentence, little own next to each other with regards to hosting is a joke...

That being said, 000webhost was my host for about a year. had to move, one I got more then 7 people on the site at the same time it slowed to a crawl, then the database crashed.

3. Michael

Michael Regular Member

I have a friend that is offering some very very cheap space on his VPS if you are interested let me know and I will put you in touch with him :)

4. mripguru

mripguru Newcomer

First Name:
    Jonathan
    For hosting options - you have cheap, fast and good - pick any two.

5. H Potter

H Potter Gruv

Wordpress! (Sarcasm)

6. PK-Host

PK-Host Regular Member

First Name:
    Pete
    With everything there has to be a compromise, be that on the amount you want to pay for the services you want or the quality of the service your getting.

Many free hosts limit the services as they want people to upgrade to paid services in order to be able to keep the business open, if theres no income there not earning anything so cant afford to pay for the resources e.g servers etc.

You would be better putting your hand in your pocket and finding a couple ££ and getting a cheap shared hosting account they start from less than a pound.

Unfortunately...Nothing In This World Is Truely Free!

3 people like this.
  7. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I agree with this, but I know some friends (bloggers in particular) that would rather get a blog spot or hosted wordpress install, pay for the domain and just run of free hosting for years. :(

I'd rather have full control of my content but I may be an exception in this case.