Generating WorPress sitemaps: is this normal?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Soliloquy, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

A few days ago I set up a WordPress blog set up on one domain to pull in updates via RSS from a forum and a couple of other sites, and also installed the XML Sitemap Generator for WordPress 3.1.4 and All in One SEO Pack. It's got about 10 posts in it now, some via RSS feed and some new, but the sitemap generator says it used over 11 megabytes to generate it:
    Is this normal or excessive?

2. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I guess it's normal. I just checked on one of my blogs which has 67 posts and this is what it says:

3. kev

kev Regular Member

Its normal, dont worry about it.

And my blog has

149 Posts
    21 Pages
    10 Categories
    591 Tags

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I wonder why mine used so much memory then. :shrug:

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Ok, it just seemed like a lot of memory used for a little bit of text.

6. kev

kev Regular Member

Maybe it dont like you, huh, huh, did you ever think about that? Maybe you pissed your blog off? Maybe your not showing it enough "attention"? Maybe its jealous of the forum? Maybe your blog is feeling a little insecure because your spending all your time with the forum.

And whats gonna happen? Your blog is gonna get hacked up. And then your gonna have to pay hacker support for a long time.

So yea, go enjoy your time with that forum slut, because the one that really loves you is the blog. The blog has has been good to you, its never let you down, and has never left for another admin. But your neglect is pushing the blog away. Someone is going to show your blog more love then you. And then the new admin and the blog are gonna go off and make a lot of new little blog post.

Besides that, I dont know why your blog would use more memory.

Hey, maybe your blogs fat and needs to be put on a diet? Maybe its just so fat it cant do anything? But dont tell the blog that, it might get mad and crash with a database error or something.