For those of you who like to bash AdminAddict

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Nick, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Nick

Nick Regular Member

... please at least have something to back up your fruitless claims.

I don't care if you don't like me or AdminAddict -- because that's your personal business -- but when you go around on other websites, accusing me of "changing sides and stories" and calling me any my community "despicable" for reasons that don't exist, I encourage you to at least support your reasoning with claims that are actual and existent.

Thanks.

2 people like this.
  2. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Who's bashing AA? I'll chase them down if I have to. :D There have been a few missteps (in my opinion) but show me a forum that hasn't made mistakes or doesn't cheese of some of it's members at one time or another and I'll show you a dead forum. :)

3. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    I know who, but I'll keep it to myself. I spotted it last night, after I mentioned this community in good light.

I found out who it was by doing a site names site:adminaddict.net query.

Nick is a member of that community (nothing to do with forums) where he and this forum were bashed. I'm not a fan of the heated discussion area, but I have no qualms against the rest of the forum.

4. Michael

Michael Regular Member

Im rather curious as to who is it is now, personally I dont care what people may say about AA. I have no reason to complain.

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Feel free to share this opinion (in private, even) if you'd like. I'm always looking to improve, and crave criticism. :)

6. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

Nick,

Are you asking people to own up full circle on their constructive criticism? :P

It's a fair request, sure. Likely to get a response...pffft.

Shrug it. Not everyone will be pleased at all in such an organic environment.

7. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    Here's what happened, and I'm keeping this discreet for Nick.

This past week, I've been on another forum that's got nothing to do with forums. I needed some questions answered. I somehow stumbled across a vB 4.0 thread in their off-topic discussion area. Naturally I partook in said discussion. Along the way yesterday evening, a member mentioned something about people being banned for talk off vB virtual premises. I mentioned this site in a post and said no one I know from here has been banned for speaking their mind. Sure some people go OTT at times, but they back down and apologize for their actions.

This particular gentleman I was having a heated discussion with ended up taking my suggestion of looking into this site and pretty much bashed it and the owners, specifically Nick. I saw the guy's sig and thought to myself, hmm, I remember this site. So I did a query on Google and found out who it was. And then I remembered some other things. I didn't mention it to Nick since I didn't want him being upset over this since I'm sure there's other things he's got to worry about, and not one single person.

I'm not too big a fan of that passionate talk section, so I said that. 15 minutes ago I checked into see who replied, and I was amused it was Nick.

8. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    I wouldn't have anything bad to say about this place, perhaps I'm not regular enough, but I've seen it evolve a bit and I think they're all good changes that are made.

I've not read Nick change his opinion once, though again, perhaps I'm not regular enough.

Chin up Nick, you can't do anything about those bad-mouthing you on other forums. I wouldn't let it happen on mine (somebody bad-mouthing another forum) so if somebody is letting it happen on theirs then it only really shows that they allow such thing - which isn't what I'd like to see on some other forum and I think my opinion would change once I saw that it was acceptable for those running it.

9. Dan

Dan Future Proof

First Name:
    Dan
    See, that's what I said but in a less poetic way. :p

10. MjrNuT

MjrNuT Grand Master

I think I've met my confused quota for the day.... Thanks Boss. You make me laugh and irk. ;)

11. BananaQueen

BananaQueen Grand Master

First Name:
    not telling anyone ;)
    omg i know how you feel, had that happen with my forum.

we all know this forum is more awesome that theirs and they are jealous

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Thanks for your comments and feedback, everybody. Honestly, I don't mind people who dislike AA. I don't mind if people don't like me. I don't mind if people think AA is the biggest sh** hole on the 'net.

What irks me is when somebody bashes me and the site just because they don't get what they want. What's amusing is that this person was never even reprimanded on the site (no warnings, PMs, infractions, bans, etc.). It's almost like they took the little bit of drama and used it to spin an entire web of hate around AA. And now they're spreading their lies across the internet.

It's slander without basis, and that's what gets to me. Slander? I don't really mind it. Slander without anything to back it up, and false claims? That's what bothers me.

13. cheat-master30

cheat-master30 Grand Master

To be honest, just ignore the trolls who're bashing this site. It's a great site, and the more attention you pay to them, the more chance they might continue. Cheer up.

14. Boss

Boss Resident Silly Man

First Name:
    Alex
    @mrjnut: I'm glad I make you laugh.

Nick, you know what will happen. If he can't backup his claims, he's going to be deemed as questionable in the future by people.

15. Yoshi

Yoshi Regular Member

This.

Strangely I was on that forum earlier looking up some stuff and saw the thread. Yeah, just ignore it.

16. Nick

Nick Regular Member

True, Boss. :) I'm glad I was there to clarify who the real problem is. :P

17. kev

kev Regular Member

Takes a look at this thread and slowly backs away,,,,, slowlyyyyyy backs awayyyy.

This is not the kind of discussion I want to be part of.

But whoever did the bashing - shame on you, shame, shame shame.

18. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Sorry, I knew some people probably wouldn't appreciate me posting this. I apologize in advance to any who I may offend or whatnot.

19. kev

kev Regular Member

If yall want to fight it out, then by all means please do so. I'am just gonna sit here and watch.

I'am a member of a lot of webmaster forums. And this is one of the best that I belong to.

20. Tex

Tex Adept

First Name:
    Blake
    +2

Nick: I've liked this forum from the first time I saw it. In fact I registered on my very first visit, which I rarely do. Don't let this guy get to you, he's not worth your time. These guys feed off the emotions caused from this. As was already mentioned with nothing to back up his slander he will be deemed a questionable character.