Facebook is driving more traffic than Google to my forum

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by cpvr, Aug 14, 2012.

1. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Well, I just finished checking out my site's traffic, referral sources - with Google analytics, and these are my stats thus far for the month:

Facebook: 663 visits
    Google: 479 visits

Is anyone else here receiving more traffic from Facebook than Google? Or is Google driving more traffic to your site than Facebook?

Brandon likes this.
  2. iTuN3R

iTuN3R Regular Member

Yes sir ! Highest traffic on my site comes from Facebook then from Competator's site LoL.

3. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

Google by far... Like 6k per day

BennyCurry likes this.
  4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'm going to work on getting more traffic from Google. Seems like I need to get more links and increase it. I would get more if I ranked higher for one of my main keywords.

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Regular Member

I experience the same thing. Maybe its because my web presence isn't that yet great with Google. I'm lucky that my Facebook friends are digging my articles and sharing it with the people they know. However, I really must improve my web presence because Google is still the biggest player in the market and if I can manage to tap in that big pot of gold, I'll be on the money.

6. BennyCurry

BennyCurry Regular Member

I haven't used Facebook for traffic, but it must be nice to not have to rely on Google and have your traffic come to an abrupt halt after one of their updates.

Like a Boss!!

7. Lairston

Lairston Regular Member

It would be nice to get some traffic from facebook. Unfortunately my members don't seem to like to like things. lol

nafretiti likes this.
  8. bosconian

bosconian Regular Member

I get more traffic from Google than for Facebook. I haven't promoted my site on Facebook. For social media I mostly use Twitter and it does drive traffic to my site every day I tweet about a new post.

But yeah, Google is the one driving me traffic.

9. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

Uh, this disturbs me, because I have no idea how to get Facebook traffic to my vB forum. That is, I have a Wordpress blog set up to automatically post notifications of new posts to its own Facebook page, but I don't know how to do something similar in vB. (And I'm hoping to switch over to Xenforo soon anyway.) How are you all getting traffic from Facebook instead of losing it to them?

10. ConfabIt

ConfabIt Regular Member

Glad you're having luck, because I've had no such results. I even started two Facebook ad campaigns and had about 3/4 clicks between them, which didn't even generate into new users/shares/likes. I guess I'm just relying on current users to share. xD

11. fermlour

fermlour Regular Member

I think it's normal, facebook is growing a lot and for example, I visit every day facebook and most sites I visit daily, are sites I find on facebook. Of course google is google, but on facebook when sharing a post or site etc, people are always curious to go see what it is.

12. andyred

andyred Regular Member

Is your Facebook Traffic coming from your own Pages/Groups on there or for Advertising or Paying other Pages to post your links that are in the same niche?

To get more Traffic from Facebook than from Google is a pretty good thing, especially if your site is new as Google normally takes longer to start sending traffic to a new site where as Facebook would be a lot quicker especially if you have some half-viral content to share around.

Either way, I'm jealous ;)

13. bauss

bauss Regular Member

Google sends more traffic for me. I received 520 hits from Google in May, and 139 from Facebook.

How are you promoting your forum on Facebook?

14. s.molinari

s.molinari Regular Member

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know this too.:)

Scott

15. carlalexander

carlalexander Regular Member

Of course Facebook and Twitter indeed can generate a lot of traffic, even to the point of it being viral, depending on the topic that you post and you can get traffic from all over the world. :)

16. nafretiti

nafretiti Regular Member

Never heard of Facebook driving traffic to websites, Google yes but not so much on the Facebook end. This is good to know that social media can and will send traffic to websites from all over the world, will have to come up with some sort of theory in order to use these tools for my own blog. I was thinking of beginning another adventure and seeing if I could get it to work, then I know I would have to use some sort of hosting site in order to host my idea. This should be interesting to try out and I'm hoping that there are some good results from it.

17. Sylvain

Sylvain Regular Member

8 times more traffic from Google than Facebook....

I'm working hard to get more traffic from FB........Not easy :)