Earnings Between vBulletin and Xenforo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by SatGuyScott, Apr 6, 2013.

1. SatGuyScott

SatGuyScott Regular Member

I am thinking of moving away from vBulletin to Xenforo, however I am wondering from people who have did this, did you see your Google Adsense earnings improve, stay the same or go down in moving to Xenforo?

Thanks!

Brandon likes this.
  2. Cerberus

Cerberus Admin Talk Staff

I do not think it will make much difference unless you put more work into the SEO of your site. Because, realistically the change from one software to another has 0 effect on traffic and such. I mean long as it is done correctly. You are essentially keeping the same content. I can not vouch either way, but just does not seem like it would matter much.

Though, out of curiosity, how much do you make monthly in adsense? You have a rather large forum. I would imagine just doing a once over you should be easily making X,XXX. Prolly closer to the 2K range. Though I would understand if you did not want to share :D

3. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Scott, they seem to be on par. The small site i migrated sky rocketed for $$ after the migration and ad placement changes. Also using user friendly urls may help.

There's a lot to consider beyond the platform change. Back links, traffic in general, page loads etc. There is a ton of Ajax in xF so you can expect pageviews to drop...that said, user engagement may increase and even all things out.

My vB4 to xF experience

Scott, we should bond on skype.