Do you have this view?

Discussion in 'phpBB Discussions' started by pandaa, Jul 10, 2012.

1. pandaa

pandaa Regular Member

Whenever I see a PHPBB forum, I automatically assume it's a start up forum, and I take it less seriously. Is this just me, or do you feel the same way?

2. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

I don't. However, I'm more likely to think this if I come across a forum with an unedited style and minimal content regardless of the script it's using. If I come across an active phpBB forum, I treat it like any other good site.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I always cringe at a phpBB forum. Especially when their using the old phpbb 2 style forum markers. I don't know why but it just turns me right off. I cringe at myBB to an extent too. Even more so when I see paid advertising slots and their still running freebie software.

Neither of these would stop me from joining a useful community though. Over time, I'd prod the owner to upgrade to something better though.

4. Superboy

Superboy Most Likely, I'm Insane.

For the most part I don't judge anything solely on what software it uses.

Most cases i just don't care....i think if someone is using free software but have paid advertising slots such as Dan Said above, I'd be more likely to thing

1. They have the paid slots to gain cash to upgrade to Premium
    2. Add-ons/customization on their forums prevents them from upgrading swapping.

Generally if it appeals to me based on Content and easy to navigate, i don't care what software you use