Congrats to AWS for buying AdminTalk

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by WEfail, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Regular Member

First Name:
    Jason
    @Brandon - Why sell? It seems like you just got this site going not too long ago. Didn't you buy it as admin bb from that creepy kid?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    hahahaahaha I was going to say...but bit my tongue :P

3. CM30

CM30 Regular Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

Either way, my advice is to just merge Admin Addict and Admin Talk and be done with it. The former ain't going nowhere fast, so I think merging its content in the latter is probably best for everyone (especially given how most people here were also Admin Addict members years and years ago).

4. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

If you are feeling burnt out AWS, you don't create more work :p
    I am sure the price was good enough to make it worth it to purchase, now you just need to try and make a run at it.
    Merge all the way. Just please do it in a dev test environment and have back ups.

Also, can you unban Carlos. He is one of the original founders of Admin-talk. Brandon and him had a power struggle and Brandon stabbed him in the back and banned him. We need Carlos back.

Terry likes this.
  5. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    There's always two sides to the story. Carlos is a hot head and thinks he's always right. I can imagine he can be quite difficult to work with at times.

Sheldon likes this.
  6. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    For the record I bought the site yesterday so @GTB as usual is delusional if he thinks he saw me logged in admin here before yesterday.

7. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Hello Everyone at Admin Talk,

I'm happy to answer a few questions here but I will not discuss the price. That is for the buyer and seller only and I hope everyone respects that!
    As some of you know, I've been around the forum world for a few years and I picked this forum up about 3 years ago from it's former owner. I've had a lot of fun with this place and have made several great friends over the time of running this forum as well as my others. I will not be going away but my online presence will be limited from here on out. I'm more then happy to help Bob with this forum is he needs anything and I have no doubt that he will be able to successfully run this forum. I've been thinking of ways to get out of the forum world for a while now and I've done business with Bob is the past, so I had no fears that he would be an honest buyer for Admin Talk. I contacted Bob yesterday and we made a deal, I then set him up with server access and an admin account on the forum. I'll have hosting covered for the next month but I'm sure he'll have it setup on his servers and we'll transfer the domain within the next few hours. As always you can PM me here on Admin Talk or contact me on Twitter if you so choose. @BrandonSheley

Thanks again to everyone here, I'm looking forward to the future of Admin Talk in Bob's hands.

-Brandon Sheley

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Dan Hutter, cpvr and zappaDPJ like this.
  8. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    It seems like a lot of people are getting out of the forum world these days. Good luck with whatever you choose to occupy the extra free time with!

9. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Up until yesterday I was doing the same thing. Once the opportunity came up to buy this site I got a feeling of renewed enthusiasm and jumped at the chance to buy it. In the past year I have closed many of my communities. Last week I sold off my shares to my partner in a community that I've had online for since 1995. That left me with 2 forums. One I turned over the the lead admin and one that I was going to close.

Once the decision is made by staff here to import AA then that will leave me with one site, this one. I plan to make this site the best it can be. I will not be a missing admin like I have been for the last few months. The drag of dealing with the problems of running multiple forums in multiple niches put a real strain on me over the years. I've dealt with lawsuits, threats of lawsuits, being stalked and trolls for a long time and it took a toll. With only 1 forum to dedicate myself to in a niche I know a little something about will makes things much easier.

Dan Hutter and Brandon like this.
  10. jmurrayhead

First Name:
    Jason
    I've also contemplated throwing in the towel. Making the time to keep a site active and going is difficult these days. I've lost a lot of passion for it, too. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

11. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

I'm selling forums too. Except the ones that make money. PM me if interested. lol

I really hope that Carlos can be reinstated as he was a wealth of information.

Best of luck Brandon.

GasMan320 likes this.
  12. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

I'm open for a merger with AA, you have my vote! I'd love to see that happen.

13. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

AT HAS THE BEST STAFF EVER!
    GREAT WORK . AT JUST GOT BETTER WITH AWS!

AWS likes this.
  14. AWS

AWS Administrator

First Name:
    Bob
    Site is on my staging server. DNS is flakey and hasn't fully propagated so some are probably getting the closed message.

Brandon likes this.
  15. WEfail

WEfail Regular Member

Working for me but my ISP resolves fairly quickly.
    Amazing work!

16. dojo

dojo Regular Member

Well, I've sold/closed forums before and started new ones, so I really don't care who's closing what and why. Sometimes we do need to assess a situation and even make a difficult decision instead of just dragging our feet.

So .. congratulations both of you for the transaction, hope AT will do well under the new management. I'm surely not as interested in who's running a community, as I'm interested about the quality of the content and the community itself.

AWS, Brandon and zappaDPJ like this.
  17. Chris Teriakis

Chris Teriakis Regular Member

First of all my best wishes for a Happy and Prosperous New year. Health, Hapiness and Success (in Business and Personal life) to all of you here.

I know nothing about trading forums simple because I'm not able to estimate the value of a forum (or any website). What makes a forum successful? The amount of members (which can be fake), the amount of active members, or the amount of threads/posts? Maybe a combination of all of them. But really can't set an estimate value for this forum. If I read well is on air for 3 years now and it has less than 6,000 members.

AWS I'm wishing you good result (if its the correct wording) for your investment. I do agree in one point with you. Is better to focus in one forum than in multiple ones. Sharing your attention and effort to multiple sites, non of them will really succeed.

@dojo I've been surprised from the quality (especially design) of your Freelancing site. My congratulations!!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    dojo and AWS like this.
  18. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Regular Member

lol Brandon. Enjoy your short vacation. You know I got out of the forum world for a few years and I went crazy with boredom. :D You'll get the itch again.

GasMan320 and Brandon like this.
  19. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    you just stop that!!..lol
    I will have a xf license that is non-transferable :whistle:

20. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

He will stay on my ignore list for sure.

Iconic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.