Coincedence or Not

Discussion in 'Admin Talk Support & Feedback' started by Lizard King, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

I noticed a very strange coincidence. I don't signup to forums usually with my company e-mail address but somehow when i was on vacation i signed up Admin Talk with company office when i was on my vacation.

And now i started to receive bunch of spam e-mails which i never heard or received before. As stated i am on vacation and i don't sign up to other places.

So can someone please explain this coincidence to me , how can i start receiving this many spam e-mail 2-3 day after signing up here ? Did anyone else noticed something like this ?

2. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

No issues here.

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Are you suggesting we sold your email address or something like that?

If you're after an official answer, No I have not shared anyone's emails address here. Heck, I've owned this forum for about 2 years now and have sent one mass email out and 2 emails out via the double opt-in mailchimp newsletter when we had that enabled. :thumbsup:

4. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Regular Member

Ummmmm No.

5. GTB

GTB Regular Member

Seriosuly though, what you doing using a company email address on ANY forum boards anyway, bit silly that.

6. BamaStangGuy

Just another crazy Mert post.

7. Big al

Big al Regular Member

There are many reasons. You say you were on vacation, so what method did you use to sign in with? an internet cafe, hotel or airport etc?

You would be smart to do some AV scans and anti-root kit scans to check how secure your PC is.

It goes without saying that you should alter your passwords as well. The timing could just be a co-incidence or your security could be compromised. I do not think it is from admin-talk.

Another possibility is that the PC of one of your contacts has been compromised and so your email addy has been collected.
    The email addy could also have been collected by an email harvester program etc.

8. Lizard King

Lizard King Regular Member

I am not suggesting anything , just simply asking a question. I am not a guy who choose to point fingers without actual facts or proof in his hands like some other stupid in this thread ( the one who has multiple responses , whom is ignored already )

I am not using a PC and i have an extra secure connection. When i signup this board i used my mac and a VPN connection.

Though Brandon's answer is sufficient , if he says he didn't shared any e-mail address that is good enough for me.

Brandon likes this.
  9. BamaStangGuy

You are like a child. If I am ignored then don't respond or mention me lol. I have little cousins that have more maturity than you do. :)