Can't keep up with latest changes?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Jessi, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

anetdna.webdesignerdepot.com_uploads_2013_03_13.jpg

Do you ever feel like this?

Like the SEO world is moving so fast that you can't keep up with what's right or wrong now? What actually works? What gets penalized?

I think it's part of the reason new admins can struggle so much in the beginning because there's so much information and much of it is outdated.

Big al and Brandon like this.
  2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    I agree that SEO is always changing but if you focus on quality content using the keyword phrases you're targeting and making sure the search engines can find your content, you should be good. :thumbsup:

3. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

That's what I do. I do still like to keep up with some of the changes for when I'm working for other people, though. For my own sites, I focus on quality content, but when others hire me, they often request very specific things. If I think it's going to hurt their sites, then at least I can provide reasons for it before telling them it's not the best idea.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
  5. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Whoa. No, I hadn't.

I love that the have a cat in there, ha.

And the section on spam was interesting. I knew they did a lot, but looking at screenshots of recent spam they've removed was neat and the graph was pretty impressive. It was a little depressing to see just how many more spam attempts there are now, though.

Brandon likes this.
  6. bauss

bauss Regular Member

I don't really pay attention to Google updates, because I shouldn't receive any negative impact in search engines if I focus on creating quality content, and building links on relevant sites in my niche.

7. BennyCurry

BennyCurry Regular Member

Essentially the basics of SEO haven't changed, everyone is just always looking for a new shiny object that will put loads of cash into their bank account. Thirteen years-olds can't usually get ranked anymore by spamming their sites with xrummer and scrapebox, and I see this as a good thing. Build quality content and quality links and you should get results.

8. carlalexander

carlalexander Regular Member

As much as it is true that the SEO world keeps on changing, most of these changes are out to lock out the black or gray haters out there. So if you are doing a great job, white hating for that matter, then there is nothing to worry about my friend, you will always be safe, come panda or penguin.