Business Wordpress themes?

Discussion in 'Web Development and Programming' started by Dan Hutter, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Howdy Guys,

I'm building a couple of WP powered sites for some businesses. I decided on WP as the CMS so that it's dead simple the owners to update text and add stuf after I'm done doing the initial conversion. I've been using the Swift Theme which is fantastic. However I'm looking for somethign a little more made for business.

Main thing I'm looking for is a theme that strips away a lot of the bloggery stuff. Comments (on pages), Twitter integration, etc. I've searched around and haven't come up with much.

What I'm doing now is converting their old HTML site to WP as pages. I then plan to make a blog section which will use the post functionality + a category to link it from the header. Ideally the pages wouldn't show any comments, etc. I probably could just remove the code from the template but it seems to be global plus may break plugins.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You could always remove those capabilities?

3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    the comments on the page is easy to remove in the page.php file, I've had to do it before for the same reason.
    Are there are styles or layouts that you like? most that stuff can be removed or not enabled. If it's the client you're worrying about, there is a plugin to give them their own admin panel with only the parts they need to update. (post, pages)

4. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Ahh so the page template is different than post template? I haven't mucked around a whole lot with templating WP. I'll have to read up on the Codex. :)

I'll give yous a peek once the client gives it the thumbs up. He already likes what he sees but I'm going to change the style to something more modern.

My hope is that I'll just export the DB and files to his host and show him how to do updates a couple of times the he'll take care of it himself...but we know how that's gonna turn out, lol

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    yes, page.php isn't the same as post.php :)