Banned from vBulletin!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark.B, May 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Hello to everyone.

I'd been meaning to sign up here most of the evening today, but it's turned out to be opportune.

Kerry-Anne peters has just banned me from vBulletin after chasing me around at lightning speed deleting every post I made.

Now, for background, Kerry-Anne used to be known as "Peterska2". In 2004, before she worked for Jelsoft as a moderator, she was herself banned from both my site and also Paul M's CableForum, because she wasa right troublemaker and posted a host of abuse.

Thus, I have been banned due to a personal vendetta.

I am guessing once the cron job runs my licenced customer status on vb.org will drop off and I won't get access to any of the modifications there - something that will cause me huge problems.

Not a very good situation, but typical of the way Jelsoft is going recently.

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation, Mark. Regardless, welcome to the community. :)

3. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Thanks Chris.

Very fond of the default style you have here, smart and easy on the eye.

4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Regular Member

Sorry about that Mark. Hopefully everything will turn out well in the end. Welcome to AA :)

5. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Mark, I literally just finished reading your thread you recently made (regarding customers being treated like morons, yadda-yadda-yadda) and I am in complete agreement. I noticed that your avatar was no longer with your username and that you were logged out even though you had only made the post four minutes prior - I kinda figured you were banned.

I usually don't like to talk about, let alone bash individuals in public but I really despise Kerry-Anne. Of all the time I have spent at the vBulletin forum in the past year, I haven't had trouble with any staff member except her. She seems to enjoy censoring, deleting, modifying and pestering the members and their posts. I never see much of her over there, but when I do, it's nothing pleasant. She is either issuing a public warning or closing a thread. She gets on my last nerve, to be honest.

Anways, I'm sorry to hear that you've fallen victim of the what-has-been-called 'Gestapo tactics'. It's only a matter of time for most of us, really.

/rant

At any rate, welcome to the community. I'm glad to have 'ya and I look forward to your posts. :cool:

6. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Thanks, Mark - it's very much appreciated. I'm quite fond of it, as well!

7. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Thanks Nick. It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling this way. I have no problems with any of the other Jelsoft staff.

Way back when kerry-Anne joined their team I felt it was a poor decision because I know she is unstable. She also used to work at the same communications company I worked at, she was sacked from there too.

I reckon Paul.M probably feels the same way - he banned her from cableforum.co.uk at around the same time - but he'd never admit it in public.

I have submitted a ticket in the hope someone will see sense. I can still download modifications on vb.org but I know that the cron may not have run yet. As long as I can do that then I don't really care about vb.com - I was leaving (or more accurately taking an extended break) anyway, which was the point of my thread.

Still, I don't want to come here just to whinge about other sites, I like the set up you have here and I have actually been browsing around as a guest for a good few days. I hope I can contribute something useful.

8. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I never knew you were automatically restricted at the org when banned at .com. That sucks :mad:

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. And I'm sure you'll find somewhere to contribute. :)

9. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Thanks. I sometimes have popped onto a well known admins site, which is a great site, but sometimes they come across as being a little "up themselves", difficult to explain what I mean as they are all very helpful and I do like their site as a resource.

Seems more approachable here.

I shall be off to bed soon (it's 2.34am in the UK) but I'll be around tomorrow.

10. Chris

Chris Regular Member

Looking forward to reading some excellent posts from you, Mark.

11. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    I had a similar issue on another board, the Mod disagreed with my political stance in their political forum. Anyhow, the person in question did the same crap. So I did some digging and found out who actually owned the company...not who ran the boards and personally sent that person a certified letter. Then a few phone calls later with that person, I was back up and running and that mod leaves me alone to this day.

PS, welcome to the boards.

12. Nick

Nick Regular Member

We often find ourselves talking about that site around here, too. Yes we are much more approachable, friendly and an overall enjoyable community. Ask some of the refugees and they'll tell 'ya. :p

13. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Thanks...yes, that is one avenue I could go down, although it would probably have to be Ray Morgan or someone. Don't know. I'll see what they say to the ticket, but I suspect Kerry-Anne is answering the tickets tonight as well so that won't get me too far.
    It's strange how some sites get like that after a time. I think perhaps they over estimate their own importance, or perhaps forget their roots.

I've been really careful about that on my site. It's not massively busy but it ticks over and it's as busy as I want it really. Couldn't cope with too much more than we already have. But we started in 2002 on the back of a revolt in an ISP's forums so I've always been keen not to turn into the problem we were created to solve!

Keeping focused like that is really important, treating each member like they are your first and last.

Unfortunately sometimes that makes us more lenient with "troublemakers" than perhaps we should be be, but I'd far rather be too lenient and clean up the mess than be too strict and have people leave.

14. 50calray

50calray Grand Master

First Name:
    Ray
    By the sound of things, that is the only avenue.

15. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Interesting...Steve has responded to my ticket and unbanned me.

Well that's a good result at least. Still leaves issues but I'll carry on as planned and take my break from vb.com. No point getting stressed about it.

16. Ak Worm

Ak Worm Grand Master

First Name:
    Corey
    Welcome To The Best Forum There Is For Any Administration, Here You Will Get The
    Best Support On Being An Admin. Welcome Aboard!

17. Richard

Richard Novice

First Name:
    Richard
    I have heard similar stories about this Kerry-Anne person. Glad to here it all worked out.
    And welcome to AA!

18. Chris

Chris Regular Member

I'm also glad to hear that you got a reply from Steve - he's a good guy.

19. Mark.B

Mark.B Guest

Frankly when Kerry-Anne was appointed to the team I was amazed. After what she did on my site (ok vB wouldn't know about that) but also what she did on Paul.M's Cableforum (which was a lot worse apparently as well). Plus she got the sack from the Cable TV company I was working for at the time. She's just never been a good "fit" with the vBulletin ethos and I can't fathom why they appointed her when there are so many other people more suited to that role.

She'd not even been there five minutes either when they appointed her. I just don't get it.

20. Nick

Nick Regular Member

As uptight and prick-like Steve may seem, he is a very fair person and I highly respect him. He usually gets a bad wrap; usually by those who don't consider the volume of support and correspondence he engages in and what all he deals with.
    Anybody who's read To Kill a Mockingbird knows that you don't really know somebody (and therefore cannot judge them) until they've walked around in their shoes for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.