Asian-themed skins? (For any forum software)

Discussion in 'Skinning, Design and Graphics' started by Soliloquy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I recently decided to try my hand at a different type of site then is my usual, and started a niche template blog called Asian Templates. On it I'll link to both free and premium templates with an Asian look, plus design tutorials, examples of good design, etc. So far I've mostly come up with links to WordPress templates, but I'd love to have more of all different platforms. If you know of any forum templates for any software, please let me know and I'll link to 'em. In addition, if you designed any sites with an Asian look, please point me to it for possible inclusion in the "good examples" category. :)

2. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

All I think of when Asian is said, is ANIME <3

3. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

I suppose that fits, I haven't seen any anime-themed templates yet though :)

4. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I make them. Pisoga was one of the skins I've ever made.

5. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

You have just inaugurated the MyBB category, FullMetalBabe... please let me know if you have a better description in mind, as I'm afraid I know nothing about anime :)

6. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

Anime is japanese animation, Anime for short. No, they are not cartoons, why are they different than cartoons? Well Japanese animation is drawn in a more mature manner, often related to things that happen in life including super natural powers, perfect example, The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Cartoons are often made for kids/to be sarcastic, anime is not. Yes, anime do have humorist series, but they are more mature anime that humorist. :P

Btw, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya series is about a schoolgirl who is believed to be the goddess of the universe. =\ I love that anime. Also I love FMA[FullMetal Alchemist] Hence my username!