Anyone Tried x10Hosting?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by Collin, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Collin

Collin Regular Member

Has anyone ever tried x10Hosting? Their disk space is lower than average free hosts (512 MB), but I can't find any bandwidth or clicks/day limits, so it looks better than what I'm using currently. Has anyone ever had any issues with them?

2. bryon

bryon Regular Member

Hi Collin, x10Hosting actually imposes no bandwidth or disk quota limit on websites with legitimate traffic. Accounts initially are allotted 512 MB of disk quota - this is only to curb abuse from users who sign up for abusive reasons. The 512 MB restriction can be removed on request with a post to the x10Hosting community forums.

Collin likes this.
  3. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    This is impossible ;)

I'd stay away from any host that has the words "unlimited" in their sales pitch.

Dan Hutter likes this.
  4. Collin

Collin Regular Member

I understand where you're coming from. Are you sure I should stay away from hosts that say they are "unlimited"? I know most of the hosts have load balancing. A lot of hosts I've looked at, such as HostGator, say they have unlimited hosting as well. A lot of hosts have CPU restrictions, I know that. But when I contacted HostGator they said they have no limits for bandwidth or clicks per day, except they have a limit on how many page loads are generated per second. For example, only so many people can click it at once at a given time.

5. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    You're free to do whatever you want, I know I wouldn't use a host that boasted such claims.

Collin likes this.
  6. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Administrator

Most hosts that give you unlimited bandwidth impose restrictions on the amount of CPU usage you are allowed. So before you come anywhere near close to using a lot of bandwidth your account will be frozen because of high cpu usage.

Collin likes this.
  7. Collin

Collin Regular Member

Right, and I heard that WordPress plugins are one of the majority of things that cause high CPU usage.