Anyone ever use HawkHost?

Discussion in 'Domains, Hosting and Servers' started by David, Sep 23, 2012.

1. David

David Regular Member

I'm shopping for a new host as my current one MDDHosting is about the slowest thing I've ever seen (even with my pages cached/images optimized etc etc) and users are seeing like 16 second page loads on the WP front end. (According to google analytics)

That's 100% unacceptable to me. Looking to move and am looking at HawkHost. Anyone know anything?

2. TSUFanatic

TSUFanatic Regular Member

I use SecureSignup.net, one of my clients uses the 99 cent business budget plan, and they said it's better than HostGator.

I use them as well, but I use the unlimited plan.

https://securesignup...aredhosting.php

Quick Google Search on a review of Hawk Host: http://www.absolutecross.com/articles/hosting-reviews/hawk-host

3. David

David Regular Member

Fastest hosting experience ever.

Sorry but that just drives me off a effing wall right from the get go.

Thanks for the worst 2 hours of hosting I've ever experienced.

4. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Regular Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Hello,

I represent MDDHosting - I've looked up your account and I see no record of any support tickets from you. Please open a ticket so we can look into this for you.

The server you're on is 24 cores with 64 GB ram and SSD powered storage so there is no reason for it to be slow.

Ordinarily we don't troubleshoot scripts but we'll be happy to take a look if you open a ticket.

Thanks!

5. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Regular Member

First Name:
    Michael
    A little more detail, the blog linked in your signature here (and the primary domain of your account with us) isn't being served by us - I do see that it is taking quite a bit of time to load, but it's coming from an IP that we do not control. The domain is in your account with us - but has no content other than the default index . html.

The other domain in your signature *is* hosted by us, and loads quickly for me (sub-second).

All I see for your primary domain, which is your blog hosted on the IP we do not control, is the default "index . html" that is created when your account is new.

I've test loaded all domains associated with your account and can find no slowness. If you want to open a ticket and have us investigate, by all means, do so. If not, you're still within your initial 30 days and I'll be happy to provide a full refund.

Edit: I had originally included a lot more detail, but the 'anti-spam' measures on this forum were interpreting IP addresses as URLs and even the simple "index . html" without spaces as a URL.

6. David

David Regular Member

Hey Mike,

I'm personally not experiencing any of the slowness myself either (or I would have opened that ticket). It was according to Google Analytic that has the page loading times pegged at over 15 seconds, and unfortunately they don't provide a lot of other information as to whats taking so long.

I'm just gonna continue to monitor it and see if it lowers with an increased sample size in Analytics, if I ever happen to experience it personally I'll submit as much info as I can to see what the deal is.

Thanks!

7. MikeDVB

MikeDVB Regular Member

First Name:
    Michael
    That's very interesting. I moved away from Google Analytics myself on my personal sites a couple of years ago because from time to time the js that Google Analytics was serving was taking 5 to 15 seconds to load (i.e. slowing down my entire sites, just for analytics). I, since then, moved to a Piwik installation.

Piwik is very similar to Google Analytics but it's self-hosted, so no waiting on a third party server for which you have no control. Beyond that, I've found it's very accurate.

I am a bit curious as to where in analytics it's showing these slow page loads, I'll have to fire up my old analytics account and test it on a domain for a few days and see if I can't figure out what you're seeing. If you open a ticket and ask for it to be escalated to me with some details on your analytics, I would very much appreciate that.