Amazon Giveaways

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by danrak, Feb 10, 2015.

1. danrak

danrak Addict

Anyone try this yet? http://www.amazon.com/gp/giveaway/home/ref=aga_shrt_hm

Seems like you can give away an item off of amazon for people who follow you on twitter. Or at least that is what it seems most contests are doing.

What is Amazon Giveaway?

A service that allows anyone to easily setup and run promotional giveaways, which are sweepstakes. Amazon Giveaway combines five features into one solution that includes: i) selecting and purchasing prizes; ii) hosting the giveaway and determining winners; iii) shipping prizes to winners; iv) handling certain income tax reporting; and v) providing metrics. As a host, you decide what you want to give away and why, and then create awareness with your audience. Participants can enter giveaways knowing they will be run as advertised, prizes are real and ready to ship, and their information will be protected.

What types of giveaways can I run and how should I choose between them?

Amazon Giveaway currently supports two win models. First-come, first-served awards prizes to the first set number of eligible entrants. This model encourages entrants to respond quickly and the giveaway ends when all prizes are claimed. Lucky number awards a prize to every set number to enter. For example, every 25th entrant wins, up to 10 total winners. This model generates more entrants, the giveaway is likely to last longer, and is more suited to growing Twitter followers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Lurker

First Name:
    David
    Sounds interesting, might have to try it on a site I have that has more Twitter traffic than forum traffic. Not sure if it'd be a good idea if you were heavily focused on forum traffic, but better to build your Twitter followers.

3. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Lurker

First Name:
    David
    Trying this out on one of my sites. It's kind of hard to find products eligible for the giveaways, but if you narrow your search down by seller (Amazon.com), then those should all be eligible I think.

4. danrak

danrak Addict

Any luck? Still debating on giving it a try to get more twitter followers but thinking 90% will just unfollow.

5. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Lurker

First Name:
    David
    It works better if you can give away a prize for every nth follower, rather than just one prize. A few new followers. We'll see if they stick.

No help on the forum side

6. Martin Evans

Martin Evans Regular Member

Interesting. Just used launched a raffle for people that signed up to my forum for a £10 Amazon voucher, this could be an alternative for next time. Thanks

7. Joe.

Joe. Regular Member

I wish they'd require a signature for the free shipping. People around here always mess with my stuff.