Adding tags: every keyword you can think of or a select few?

Discussion in 'SEO, Traffic and Revenue' started by Soliloquy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Soliloquy

Soliloquy Regular Member

When adding tags to your posts, is it better to add tags for every single keyword you can think of, or keep it down to a select few?

2. Chris

Chris Regular Member

To be honest, I'm not really a firm believer in the "tagging" system - however, when I do use it, I tend to use a selection of keywords that can be related to the topic the most directly.

3. FullMetalBabe

FullMetalBabe Zealot

I don't use the tag system, kind of find it useless imo. I'd guess though if needed and I was making an article on Photoshop tutorials I would highlight the most important things, such as; Tutorial, Photoshop, CS4, Text Effect, etc.

4. Nick

Nick Regular Member

I don't really use the tagging system, but when I do I just try to use a few select keywords that describe the topic.

5. Lynne

Lynne Regular Member

I really only turned on the tagging system because of a couple of our forums. In those forums, I wrote some code to grab a couple of the relevant things for tags (artist name and show date), but I let the users add other relevant tags (type of show or venue). So, I'm one of those that believes it's better to have a couple of relevant tags rather than tagging every single word from the title.

6. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Champion

First Name:
    Shawn
    direct phrases for me