[Add On] XenCentral Ad Server

Discussion in 'XenForo Discussions' started by Dan Hutter, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

Has anyone checked this out yet? http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-ad-server.2427/

It looks really powerful. Definitely more than I've been looking for but I'm going make the jump and purchase it. If it works as advertised and according to the demo it does this add-on could be a reason for people to switch to Xenforo.

With forums advertising seems to always been an after thought. vBulletin's default advertising system added somewhere around 4.0 was laughable. All of the 3rd-party advertising scripts I tried for vB were clunky at best. This look add on looks like it could be the best solution for advertising on forums across all scripts.

Maybe advertising should be an afterthought to some point. However, What developers fail to realize is not everyone will run a forum as a hobby and have it all come out of pocket. When a script has no built in advertising functions (XenForo) or they're severely lacking (vBulletin) it's a failure in my book.

2. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    If I would going to use an adserver I'd probably go with openx as I’ve done in the past.

3. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

I had thought of that but I really didn't want maintain yet another PHP powered app for the small scale of my advertising.

For me the hassle wasn't worth the reward. Just another app to learn the quirks of and worry about security releases, etc.

4. Brandon

Brandon Regular Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    They have hosted options as well so you wouldnt have to worry and setting the scrpt up.

5. Dan Hutter

Dan Hutter aka Big Dan

That I didn't realize. Pretty cool.