A most plain introduction topic title

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Medora, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Medora

Medora Regular Member

Hi.

I stumbled upon this forum because of an advertisement at xenForo. I was observing said software for some time and interested in converting to it. That interest became all the greater due to a free license I won, but I am still thinking the matter over with my members and staff.

My name is Kevin. I like gardening, swimming, football (both kinds), and reading history books. I want to travel the world and read all the books I can. My favorite food is pasta and my favorite drink mango puree.

I am a forum owner (been so since June, 2004), and have written a few articles about community building.

Regards,
    Kevin

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Hey Kevin! Welcome to AdminBB :) Converting to XenForo is a good option.

3. Sakura

Sakura Regular Member

Hey Kevin! :) Welcome to AdminBB hope you enjoy your time! If you have any questions or problems just send us a PM.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Regular Member

Welcome, Kevin, what you could do is what some others have done, put up a sub forum beside your current one so they can test XenForo and see how they like it. Allow your staff, and members (at first the long term ones) access to it and see what they say. I suspect it will be a positive report.

5. Medora

Medora Regular Member

Hi, Elizabeth, and thank you for the idea. I will certainly do that. I must confess that I am already quite taken with the software, and have found the layout I want for it (the one used here). My concern lies mostly with Internet Brands' efforts to shut down the project within the next few years. Along those lines, I read that a defeat for xenForo would mean that customers would have to stop using the software, which would mean I would have to convert yet again, and yet again I would have to worry about the transfer of all my content (not just in topics and posts), the replication of worthwhile features, and not to mention the trying process of conversion itself. Since I converted once before in December, 2007, I would fear having to immediately shift without much time to consult my community.

Of course, all these are baseless fears, and the developers of xenForo may prove more than a match; indeed, they have shown the utmost confidence in their ability to combat a giant like IB.

EDIT: Hi, Sakura. Sorry I missed your reply. Thank you for the welcome and for offering help.

Terrorz likes this.
  6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Regular Member

I would be worried if they hadn't released the Beta, and Beta 2, and now Beta 3...but given that even I as a stylist with MINIMAL knowledge of code can see the difference, I am not worried...but that is all I plan on saying. We have a forum for that type discussion, it's in my signature.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Regular Member

Yea I see your reason, makes sense. I am kinda worried about the dispute, but XenForo has a strong group of supporters. Even vBulletin customers.