Contest $600 worth of prizes - 6 month contest

Discussion in 'Marketplace and Exchanges' started by dojo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. dojo

dojo Regular Member

We just celebrated 6 months since TopAdmin.net is open. We're a small but very active community and it's been great running the 'show'. To properly celebrate the milestone, we're having a 6 week contest with $600 prizes, as follows:

- Winner - 1st place - $150 cash - payable via paypal or bank transfer.
    - 2nd place - mockup design for your forum/blog - the design created by me (un-coded theme) - worth $150 - the design will be unique and created professionally for your site. You can choose to hire me for the coding part of have someone code the design for you. (Take a look at www.bydojo.com - it's still under construction, but you can get an idea about the quality of work I do for my clients).
    - 3rd place - $100 voucher on our the job board. Your account there will get credited with 100 dollars for you to use as you wish. You can choose editors and pay them for their services, thus boosting your content and not having to pay yourself.
    - 4th place - $75 voucher on our job board.
    - 5th place - $75 voucher on our job board.
    - 6th - 9th place - a domain name registered in your name (max. value $12/domain name)
    - 10th - 12th place - a cpanel hosting plan (approx. value $12/year).

All the details. Join the fun today and earn money and prizes.

cpvr and Brandon like this.
  2. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Wow, you're going all out, aren't you? At first I thought your title meant that you were running a contest for 6 months and I was hopping in to ask why on earth you thought that was a good idea, lol. I'm glad to see it's a mile marker celebration instead. Congrats!

3. tetutato

tetutato Regular Member

Lol the prizes are awesome but it's impossible to catch up with those existing members!

4. cpvr

cpvr Regular Member

Haha, I bet. Which is why you should try to be involved in a contest. Good luck @dojo be sure to post before stats - before the contest, and after, so we can know how much the contests helped you.:thumbsup:

Brandon likes this.
  5. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

The contest start puts everyone on the same page. You're not going to try to catch up to huge totals that people already have since they've been on the board. Everyone is starting at 0 points essentially (you list your post count so the difference can be seen later). You might as well jump in!

6. dojo

dojo Regular Member

You mention your EXISTING point count and then, at the end of the contest, you'll have the new point count. So, if a 2000 point member has accrued only 40 points, he'll lose against a totally new member who's started with 0 and has 200 now. All members are equal in this contest and anyone can win, as long as they are very active :)

Brandon likes this.
  7. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Regular Member

That's a very fun contest for members to participate in. I'm sure that it will attract a lot of new members and promote heavy activity on your forum. Its good to know that you never forget to give something back to your members. :)

8. tetutato

tetutato Regular Member

Weird, my alert box didn't tell me that you quoted my posts until now. Anyways, isn't it still unfair because people who started early and plan on staying still gets a huge advantage? I know about the giveaway rules.

9. Jessi

Jessi Regular Member

Then jump in now! And some people who start participating early may forget about it later...or lose steam. Plus, because there are so many prizes, even if you're somewhat behind, you still have the chance at some really good prizes. :)